Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Fred Thompson's answer on global warming

Fred Thompson's answer on global warming
    Tuesday, December 25, 2007,
    By O.Kay Henderson
    radioiowa.com

Earlier this month Republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson refused to briefly answer a question about global warming at a debate in Iowa, suggesting 30 seconds wasn't long enough to lay out his views on the issue. During a recent telephone interview with Radio Iowa, Thompson was given an unlimited amount of time to talk about global warming. He said it was a problem.

"We don't know the extent to which it's warming. We don't know whether or not it's part of a cycle. We've had cooling periods in our country. We don't know the extent to which man-made causes are contributing to it. We don't know what the long-term effect of it is going to be and what we can do about it," Thompson said.

Thompson went on to warn against an over-reaction to global warming. "If we unilaterally do things precipitously, not only will we damage our economy but we won't be doing very much good at all unless countries like Russia, or mainly China and India, participate," Thompson said. Those growing economies are major polluters, according to Thompson.

Thompson warns the U.S. economy could be harmed if American industries start getting penalized for carbon emissions. "Before we start rushing off and having United Nations countries, you know, big as a postage stamp telling us what to do and what we must do and so forth, let's double-down and make sure we understand the ramifications and the significance of what we know and let's improve on what we don't know," Thompson said during his interview with Radio Iowa.

His answer on the topic lasted a total of one and a half minutes.

This ALIPAC member has posted this entity be it editorial opinion, news article, column, or web creation as information for the General Population (public) only. It is not intended as an endorsement for this candidate by this poster. Its use here has not been anticipated to be used as, or used to discredit any candidate mentioned herewith.

your boy ain't catching much steam eh Greg?
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    your boy ain't catching much steam eh Greg?
    He ain’t my boy!!! I don’t appreciate you assuming any thing about me. Ill thank you, to keep that kind of thinking to yourself, when it concerns me, but really why I should care I don’t even know you right. I just know what your advocating for others to support. Frankly I believe that if you stood by your self you’d be crying I quit to….
    I like many things about some candidates and like nothing about a many others on both sides of the Line. Its way early in this election to pick any one. It is in fact early enough to say who I wont be picking to support. There is over 100 issues that are going to be on the ballet that are going to be effecting me and that Ill be dealing with before November in my state alone then there’s many federal issues as well. It going to be a good year for an election I’m sorry so many people think it’s just so cut and dry. But then that’s how we got where we are today isn’t it. ???

I see a lot of rule violating going on here two days before Christmas and clear into tonight (not by you) ( but by others that know better ) The fact is many people are watching us like a hawk and whether you care or not it will make us or break us.

Wow excuse me Mr Greg, I mistook you for someone that had a sense of humor. I won't bother you again....
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

This ALIPAC member has posted this entity be it editorial opinion, news article, column, or web creation as information for the General Population (public) only. It is not intended as an endorsement for this candidate by this poster. Its use here has not been anticipated to be used as, or used to discredit any candidate mentioned herewith.
    kniggit,

Perhaps you should take into consideration that Greg has posted a disclaimer that basically states that he is only posting information and not endorsing it, personally.

If you have an opinion on the subject posted I'd like to read it.
    What's the price is freedom...today? Veteran, US Army, E-5, 1978-1982 *****Ron Paul for President 2008***** http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/