Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Frightening Taste Of Internet Censorship

Frightening Taste Of Internet Censorship As Major Free Speech Websites Blocked

Paul Joseph Watson
    Prison Planet.com [1]
    Monday, February 8, 2010

With influential proponents recently calling for a newly regulated world wide web, we got a preview of how that might look this past weekend after both Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com were completely blocked to many Internet users in New Zealand.

The block was only removed early this morning following a raft of complaints after both websites were unavailable on many ISP’s since Friday.

As the New Zealand based InfoNews website reported [2] yesterday, both of Alex Jones’ flagship websites were blocked by ISPs using Asia Netcom for their international internet traffic.

It is important to stress that we receive emails on a weekly basis informing us that our websites have been blocked as “hate speechâ€

Along the same lines with this article I had posted earlier;
    http://www.infowars.com/internet-censor ... n-the-web/

I don't know if it has any merits or not, but I noticed the 3rd post on the forum towards the botttom of the page, wrote this:

There are ways around all of this! Everyone install TOR (torproject.org) and run a small relay. Also install I2P (www.i2p2.de). Both of these tools encrypt your communications and bounce them around the internet several times. These tools can break through the filters!