January 12, 2010

Ms.
XXXXXXXX
Henderson, NV XXXX

Dear Ms.

Thank you for your letter on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. I understand your concerns and I appreciate hearing from you regarding this landmark legislation.

Today there are reports of up to 47 million uninsured Americans, rising prescription drug prices, and declining health insurance benefits. I want to fix these problems and guarantee health care coverage to every Nevadan and American by lowering costs, expanding coverage, and improving health care quality. I am also committed to investing in the future by funding promising medical research and protecting the nation against serious threats to the public's health. That is why I have introduced the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act in the Senate, to make sure all Americans get the care and coverage they need and deserve.

The Patient Protections and Affordable Care Act will ensure that all Americans have access to quality, affordable health care and will transform the health care system in order to contain costs and expand coverage. This legislation will provide coverage for more than 94 percent of Americans, reduce the deficit over the next ten years, and stay under the $900 billion limit that was set by President Obama. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will not only lower costs, but improve choices, competition and offer more assistance to ensure that all Nevadans and Americans can afford health insurance.

Achieving health insurance reform will take time and patience, but there will be immediate changes made in 2010 to provide quality care. This legislation is the first step towards providing millions of Americans with affordable and effective health insurance. Please know that as we move forward, I will keep your ideas and concerns in mind. It is my hope that we can make affordable, comprehensive health coverage a reality for so many Americans who are currently struggling to pay their medical bills, and make ends meet. In the meantime, you can track this and other legislation at www.thomas.gov.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. For more information about my work for Nevada, my role in the United States Senate Leadership, or to subscribe to regular e-mail updates on the issues that interest you, please visit my Web site at http://reid.senate.gov. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,
A
HARRY REID
United States Senator
Nevada

HR:vb

Notice the ...I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.....Like blank he does.....he once blocked me from his site...had to change my e-mail address to get thru again....