Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

General Smedley Butler: War is a Racket (2 Medals of Honor)

Seems even more relevant today that it did when he made his famous speeches in the 1930s. This is the guy who blew the lid off the coup attempt by Bush Junior's grandpappy, Senator Prescott Bush.

"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small 'inside' group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes."
    History of General Smedley Butler, USMC, (Double Medal of Honor Winner)

Butler's book online, "War is a Racket"

Document uncovers details of a planned coup in the USA in 1933 by right-wing American businessmen
    The coup was aimed at toppling President Franklin D Roosevelt with the help of half-a-million war veterans. The plotters, who were alleged to involve some of the most famous families in America, (owners of Heinz, Birds Eye, Goodtea, Maxwell Hse & George Bush's Grandfather, Prescott) believed that their country should adopt the policies of Hitler and Mussolini to beat the great depression.

Mike Thomson investigates why so little is known about this biggest ever peacetime threat to American democracy.
    http://current.com/items/88960640_bbc-r ... n-1933.htm

Says all the videoes have been removed due to terms of use

http://current.com/items/88957546_how-b ... -power.htm
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Very interesting. Thank you for posting that.

It sure seems to be true, although I guess there are times when war is the only answer unless we would want to be taken over.....as with the Nazis.

I think after 9/11 that a lot of people in America wanted to go to war. I did. I was all for it.

But I didn't expect it to end up like this.

I thought it was going to be faster. That's the way I understood it.

I still don't feel we have ever really punished the right people for 9/11 if it would even be possible to do that.

Right now I feel as though we're punishing ourselves with the number of troops we've lost and continue to lose more and more.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)