Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

YUP 250 million for the guest worker program..a shaft for the military...but, mind you, if they don't get enough young idealistic guys to join they will reinstitute the draft. They're going to kill off our young men, one way or the other in these wars that are none of our business in the first place. My son made it home intact...as did my husband...and my grandson who just served a term in Iraq ....for that I'm very grateful as there is unending grief in many households in this nation..for them I pray.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

They're going to kill off our young men, one way or the other in these wars that are none of our business in the first place.
    In the 60's people used to claim that every time the economy went south, the government would start a war somewhere. Well, this time it sure backfired!

I hope they don't reinstate the draft but it may be the only way to have any soldiers if we ever actually NEED soldiers to so something. Looking back, thousands rushed to join when we were attacked on 9-11. Then we got dragged into things we should never have become involved in and the lines of conscriptees dwindled. You would think the government would know when the young people caught on to the fact that they were being culled out would have told the government that the people no longer agree with their ideals for "spreading dem(on)ocracy."

I honestly believe that if this country is attacked again, the people will be right there to defend it. But if we are going to defend people who hate us and ignore our own borders, then I wouldn't blame anyone if they didn't bother to register for the draft. (Do they still do that? My kids are in their 30's now so I don't have a clue.)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

George Bush evaded active military service and was essentially AWOL from Natinal Guard Service.

Dick Cheney accumulated an impressive stack of draft deferrals by staying in college, getting married, having children, etc. during the Vietnam War period, essentially evading the draft.

Not surprisingly, these pinheads have no respect for men and women in the military, but are quick to sacrifice them for the benefit of their political agenda.

George Bush Screwing the Military Retiree

"YUP 250 million for the guest worker program..a shaft for the military...but, mind you, if they don't get enough young idealistic guys to join they will reinstitute the draft. "

Roadrunner, I have often wondered if the Bush plan for immigration doesn't have some to do with the military. Think about it. If many of the 18 year olds and up are in Iraq, etc, they aren't here working and lucky us, we have millions of illegals to take the jobs. If the jobs these young people do are taken, they often have no choice but to go in the military.
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

Roadrunner, I have often wondered if the Bush plan for immigration doesn't have some to do with the military.
    I know several guys my age who are US citizens because of the Viet Nam war. Some were allowed to bring their families (mothers, fathers, etc.) And I have a kid living kitty-corner across the street from me who is a soldier whose family is Mexican. I am assuming the reason the family is here is because of his status as a military man.

So, I'd say that citizenship is a reward for joining our military.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

America has been and is still being bamboozled by terrorist propaganda and it’s not going to stop. It is a battle for the minds of the people and they are oblivious to it. They are being manipulated and their Xenophobe, fears, hatreds are being and will continue to be exploited. The corporatists have hijacked our country and our people. This is a massive exercise in psychological warfare. Fifty percent of our citizens are confused and off track as a result of television brainwashing. We have a manufactured enemy in terrorism and Osama bin Laden. Terrorism and fear are being used to control a goodly portion of our population. The creation of the unseen supernatural evildoers are being used to brainwash America - the constant theme of good versus evil, sensationalized and fantasized and, of course, with a happy ending. That is, everyone in the world is forced to accept the Bush-neocon version of democracy, the villains die, the good guys win and we live happily ever after.

The propagandists have created the new threat Muslim extremism. We are told they are all terrorists and extremists. Enemies are needed for the military industrial complex to reap their profits. Thus, the faux conflict will last as long as the elitists want it too. We are descending into an Orwellian nightmare and entering a New Dark Age. The signs abound and they are unmistakable. If it wasn’t terrorism, al Qaeda, Muslims, etc., other enemies would be created. Trotsky called it perpetual revolution. It’s a price we do not want to pay, but do we have any choice? Our culture has been distorted and degraded, and we are not only invaders, but also torturers, occupiers and murderers, as we destroy history and the culture of ancient civilizations. Absolute and utter madness. You ask, is there still room for decent people in such a world? Of course there is. Civilization has not changed, its predictable, because man keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.

http://www.theinternationalforecaster.c ... p?Offset=0

Darlene,

Spoken like a well trained liberal. All it takes is just one terrorist to ruin your day, but you will keep talking the way you do until that day arrives. You speak more of philosophy instead of reality. Just think, people going nuts over a cartoon.

In your thoughts, let's do nothing until the next attack.

Sorry to ruin your day Melvin, but I happened to have voted for Bush this last time, but not the first time. I just couldn't stand the idea of someone as scummy as Kerry being in the White House.

Maybe you should read some of my post's before you start shooting your mouth off.

There are plenty of archives here for you to look through.

Banned
    It's a pretty well accepted fact that the Bush White House has manipulated intelligence, twisted facts and engaged in a blatant disinformation campaign to keep the citizenry on edge for it's own reasons. They recently admitted to spending $1.6 BILLION for that very purpose. Homeland Security has been quoted as saying terror alert levels have been manipulated for this same reason.

Knowing this, is it a far stretch to suspect what Darlene says is true? Not in my humble opinion. Of course, you're entitled to your own opinion.

Sorry Darlene, what exactly were you trying to say? Should they tone down all their story-making on both sides?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast