Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    I have a feeling the next 4 years will be our Valley Forge.
    These are the times that try men's souls.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

[quote="Bowman"]“So this is how liberty dies--with thunderous applause.â€
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    I have a feeling the next 4 years will be our Valley Forge.
    These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Paine is still the one of the best. That is definitely one of the best quotes he made.

Here it is in full:

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed, if so celestial an article as Freedom should not be highly rated. ~Thomas Paine~

Thank you hylander. His words are very meaningful and inspirational in these times.

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Thank you hylander. His words are very meaningful and inspirational in these times.
    No trouble. The words of the founding fathers are, along with the good book, are what helps to keep me focused, and when times seem even more dire and destitute, I have the memory of those who went before us to obtain, and promote liberty in the hearts and souls of Americans past.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12