Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gibbs shoots down 'birthers'

July 27, 2009

Gibbs shoots down 'birthers'

Posted: 04:55 PM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

(CNN) — A reluctant Robert Gibbs struck back sharply Monday at those who continue to question whether President Obama was born in the United States, saying nothing the White House can do will put the issue to rest.

"No, the God's honest truth is no — let's understand this," Gibbs, the White House press secretary, said when a reporter asked if there is anything more the administration can do to satisfy those who question where the president was born.

"I almost hate to indulge in such an august setting as the White House briefing room discussing the made up fictional nonsense of whether the president was born in this country," Gibbs continued. "A year and a half ago, I asked that the birth certificate be put on the Internet. Because Lord knows if you got a birth certificate and you put it on the internet, what else could be the story?

"Here's the deal. If I had some DNA, it wouldn't assuage those who don't believe he was born here," Gibbs also said. "I have news for them and all of us. The president was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, the 50th state of the greatest country on the face of the earth. He is a citizen."

Gibbs comments come the same day Oklahoma Sen. James Inhofe was quoted in Politico as saying those who question Obama's citizenship — who have collectively become known as "birthers" — "have a point."

Inhofe, a Republican, later issued a statement attempting to clarify that statement.

"The point that they make is the Constitutional mandate that the U.S. President be a natural born citizen, and the White House has not done a very good job of dispelling the concerns of these citizens," he said in the statement. "My focus is on issues where I can make a difference to stop the liberal agenda being pushed by President Obama."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... more-62304
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Show the paper trails - Robert Gibbs, it is that simple. Hospital bills, which hospital and island, date and time, records should be at the hospital, check-in and insurance coverage, show the paper trails. So "We the People" can get on with the next major problem in America - IMMIGRATION.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To say that Mr. Obama is a citizen, may not be the "citizen" that birthers are questioning. He should be willing to provide records that verify who he says that he is, though he has already satisfied the majority of the nation.

There was a question about his name change also. When and where that took place.

Reading recent stories on World Net Daily (WND) brings some issues forward, and there should be some answers to those it would appear. Mr. Obama has spent a great deal of money to keep things sealed and unknown to the public according to published reports.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"My focus is on issues where I can make a difference to stop the liberal agenda being pushed by President Obama."
    Well, that's quite a clarification. Inhofe will use any tool to advance his political agenda, no matter if that tool is based on truth or unfounded rumor. Sounds like Inhofe has a leg up on dirty Chicago (and New Jersey) politics.

I wonder what Robert Gibbs would be doing if he didn't have his current job?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

. . . he has already satisfied the majority of the nation.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I would like to see obama college records to see if he had grants as a foreign exchange student . I would also like to know who paid for his education .

where is the medical history, where are the college and pre-college transcripts? Where are his passport and travel records? What is his real SS#? Where is his criminal background checks?

forget the birth cert, WHO IS PRESIDENT OBAMA AND WHAT HAS HE DONE IN HIS LIFE?!!!

IF YOUR AN AMERICAN YOU SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW THIS!!

DOESN'T IT BOTHER ANYONE THAT THE MAN THAT SENDS OUR TROOPS TO DIE PROBABLY COULDN'T EVEN BE GIVEN A LOW LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE?

DOESN'T IT BOTHER ANYONE THAT THE MAN WHO MAKES THE RULES AND TELLS US WHAT TO DO, WE KNOW NOTHING OF?!!!

TOO BAD WE KNOW MORE ABOUT JOE THE PLUMMER THAN THE PRES.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Arab pipeline paid for the executive post.One lady in NW wrote today that we ought to change the Constitution.Her name is Ms. Mock. It's a scream! Go visit Citizen Wells blog. i guess she really thinks he's a foreigner if we are already wanting to change article II.Maybe she should ask Gibbs that at the next presser.'Do you think we ought to change the Constitution to suit Obama?"