Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place
    I can feel His mighty power and His grace
    I can hear the brush of angels wings
    I see glory on each face

In the midst of His children the Lord said He would be
    It doesn’t take very many, it can be just two or three
    And I feel that same sweet spirit that I felt often times before
    Surely I can say I’ve been with the Lord

I see glory on each face

There’s a holy hush around us as God’s glory feels this place
    I’ve touched the hem of His garment, I can almost see His face
    And my heart is overflowing with the fullness of His joy
    I know without a doubt that I’ve been with the Lord

I see glory on each face

Banned
    [color=darkblue][i][b]Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
    He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
    He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword;
    His truth is marching on.
    Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
    Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His truth is marching on.

I have seen Him in the watch fires of a hundred circling camps
    They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
    I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps;
    His day is marching on.
    Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
    Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His day is marching on.

I have read a fiery Gospel writ in burnished rows of steel;
    “As ye deal with My contemners, so with you My grace shall dealâ€

Banned

Click to listen as you read

This storey never changes in word,
    it has at many times changed man.

Merry Christmas

And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that the entire world should be taxed.
    (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
    And all went to be taxed every one into his own city.

And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David
    To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
    And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.

And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
    And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
    For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.

And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
    And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.

But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
    And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.

Banned

Heres some of the more popular yuletide traditions!

People once believed that...

*it was good luck for the first person up on Christmas day to open a door and"let Christmas in."
    *bells placed near a baby or small child would keep evil spirits away
    *the number of days between the first snowfall and Christmas told how many snowfalls would come before spring
    *a cricket chirping at Christmas brought good luck
    *sparks from a yule log would create warmth in human souls.
    *a candle left burning all night in an empty room on Christmas eve would bring light, warmth, and plenty all year.

Holly

A symbol of peace and joy, the holly tree was often the site for settling quarrels. Holly also was planted near a home to frighten off witches and protect it from thunder and lightning.

Candles

Candles have long been the symbol of guiding light in the midst of darkness. At Christmas, they represent the journeyMary and Joseph made when travelingto Bethlehem and how they sought a place to spend the night. Tday a candle burning in the window of a home on Christmas Eve means that this is a home where visitors are welcome.

Christmas Cards

The first Christmas card to be sold as a greeting card was produced in London in 1843. Louis Prang, a German immigrant, first began printing Christmas cards in the United States in 1874.

Christmas Seals

Christmas seals are a 'new' tradition that originated in Denmark in 1904, when a postal clerk named Einar Holboell sold special stamps for a litle more money than the regular stamps. In the United States today, seals of bright and varied designs are sent out to homes by service organizations, and monetary contributions are made to the organization. We place the seals on our Christmas cards and letters as little reminders that the best meaning of Christmas is in thinking of others.

Mince Pie

Mince pie has been a Christmas favorite for 500 years. Itoriginaly was made with chopped partriges, pheasants, hares, and later chopped beef. Still later, cooks added suet, sugar, apples, molasses, raisins, currants, and spices to the recipe. The first pies wereoblong in shape to represent the manger. The latticework crust was a symbol for the hayrack. Eating mince pie was supposed to bring goodluck. For extra good luck, people would eat one pie a day between Christmas and Twelfth Night.

Carols

Carol means a round dance and probably originated in the middle ages when worshipers joined hands and danced in a circle as they sang at religious rites. Today the carol is a joyous narrative. St. Francis of Assisi is often credited as being the "father of Christmas carol" At his Nativity scene in 1224, he led his followers in songs of praise to Jesus. From his joyful singing came a new way of celebrating the holiday.

The Poinsettia

The poinsettia plant comes from Mexico, where it is called the "Flower of The Holy Night." An American Ambassador named Poinsett brought the plant to the United State in 1829.

Cranberries

Indians told the Pilgrims that the wild res berries in the marshes near Plymouth were good to eat. Soon Cranberry sauce was served with turkey and became one of the few truly native American Christmas foods.

Reindeer

No one knows for sure, but Scandinavians may have brought the idea of Christmas reindeer to the United States They becam famous because of Dr. Clement Moore's poem of1823, in which Dancer, Prancer, Donder, Blitzen, and the other reideer were introduced as the animals who pull Santa's sleigh. Until the 19 century, St. Nicholas had ridden on a donkey, on a horse, or in the sky chariot drawn by horses.

Gifts

A Christmas gift symbolizes the gifts taken to Bethlehem by the Wise Men. Each gift foretold what Jesus would become: a king (gold), a high priest (frankincense), and a great physician and healer (myrrh).

Plum Pudding

Plum pudding dates back to 1670 when it was a thick plum porridge made from meat broth, chopped cows' tonges, raisins, fruit juice, wine, and spices. Plum refers to the rising or swelling of the raisins when cooked.

Colors

Red, green, and white have long been associated with the Christmas season. Red, the color of greatest excitement, represents fire, blood, and charity. Green is the symbol of nature, youth, and the hope for eternal life.Christmas is the feast of hope, with the Baby Jesus at its center. White stands for light, purity, joy, and glory. We see white in the robes of angels and in holiday decorations and snow.

Ornaments

The first Christmas tree ornaments were made at home with available materials. Some of these included fruits, gilded nuts, gingerbread figures, and paper roses. Later, beautifully colored glass balls replaced the fruits.

Stockings

The custom of hanging stockings on Christmas Eve began in 300A.D., when a young bishop in Asia Minor became famous for his kindness to others. Later known as Saint Nicholas, the bishop often left gifts for people, but didnt wait for thanks. One night, he climbed onto a rooftop and dropped a gift down the chimney. The gift fell into a stocking that had been hung to dry.
    Through the years, children began leaving things, from wooden shoes to stockings, to be filled with goodies on Christmas Eve by the generous fellow who is known to us today as Santa Claus.

Manger

St. Francis of Assisi, founder of the Franciscan order of friars, first placed the animals around the manger in 1223, when he asked a farmer of Assisi to build a miniature manger. He filled the manger with straw and had wood carvers make painted figures of Jesus, Mary, ox and ass, shepherds, and Oriental kings. St. Francis followed the words of Isaiah 1:3 when he positioned an ass and an ox near the manger. "The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his masters crib; but Israel hath not known me and my people hath not understood." St. Francis raised Christmas from a high mass to a festival of love when he moved this manger scene, or Christmas Crib, into the church and illuminated it with candles. In 1224, he made the scene come alive with real animals and people. In a cave outside the Italian town of Greccio, ony the life-size Christ Child was made of wax. On Christmas Eve, St. Francis asked the farmers and sherpherds and their families who had gathered to put hatred from their hearts and make Christmas a time of peace.

Banned
    FROM MY FAMILY TO YOURS

MERRY CHRISTMAS
    HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

Banned
    Friends,
    Never have I enjoyed a web site more then I have here at alipac. The People here are very adamant in there goals at putting a halt to the criminals that migrate into this country illegally. This is perhaps one of the Hardest battels I ever done in my life, but It is so worth it.

I will be back the day after Christmas very determined and not influenced by appeals to reconsider the criminal’s positions or any government decision to grant amnesty in any way. You will find me not giving in to the Oppositions persuasions, pressure, or force.We all walk with the Lord in this battle against crime. When we all get back, You will find my Patriotism firmly fixed and constant in the same goals we all want. Keeping America Free. I’m Holding on to America, for my family, for you, and for me.
    I have said it before and Ill say it again, I will give my life for this country
    The United States of America.

I wanted to go for our Christmas vacation leaving you with a song that truly explains my love for the Lord Jesus Christ, my savior.

Greg

Dear Lord, I thank you!
    Amen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2raQylh6 ... re=related

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
    Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
    I’ll be satisfied as long
    As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Just a closer walk with Thee,
    Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
    Daily walking close to Thee,
    Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Through this world of toil and snares,
    If I falter, Lord, who cares?
    Who with me my burden shares?
    None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

When my feeble life is o’er,
    Time for me will be no more;
    Guide me gently, safely o’er
    To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

Merry Christmas

(7207@3897)

Banned
    ================================================== ==================================================
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBfEGETyGjs

So this is Christmas
    And what have you done
    Another year over
    And a new one just begun
    Ans so this is Christmas
    I hope you have fun
    The near and the dear one
    The old and the young

A very merry Christmas
    And a happy New Year
    Let's hope it's a good one
    Without any fear
    And so this is Christmas
    For weak and for strong
    For rich and the poor ones
    The world is so wrong
    And so happy Christmas
    For black and for white
    For yellow and red ones
    Let's stop all the fight
    A very merry Christmas
    And a happy New Year
    Without any fear
    And so this is Christmas
    And what have we done
    Another year over
    And a new one just begun
    Ans so this is Christmas
    I hope you have fun
    The near and the dear one
    The old and the young
    A very merry Christmas
    And a happy New Year
    Without any fear
    War is over over
    If you want it
    War is over
    Now...

Merry Christmas

================================================== ================================================== =====

Banned
    Our Father, who art in heaven,
    hallowed be thy name.
    Thy Kingdom come,
    thy will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven
    Give us this day our daily bread.
    And forgive us our trespasses,
    as we forgive those who trespass against us.
    And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.
    For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory. for ever and ever.
    Amen

Banned
    O come, all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant,
    O come ye, O come ye, to Bethlehem.
    Come and behold Him, born the King of angels;

O come, let us adore Him,
    Christ the Lord.

True God of true God, Light from Light Eternal,
    Lo, He shuns not the Virgin’s womb;
    Son of the Father, begotten, not created;

Sing, choirs of angels, sing in exultation;
    O sing, all ye citizens of heaven above!
    Glory to God, all glory in the highest;

See how the shepherds, summoned to His cradle,
    Leaving their flocks, draw nigh to gaze;
    We too will thither bend our joyful footsteps;

Lo! star led chieftains, Magi, Christ adoring,
    Offer Him incense, gold, and myrrh;
    We to the Christ Child bring our hearts’ oblations.

Child, for us sinners poor and in the manger,
    We would embrace Thee, with love and awe;
    Who would not love Thee, loving us so dearly?

Yea, Lord, we greet Thee, born this happy morning;
    Jesus, to Thee be all glory given;
    Word of the Father, now in flesh appearing.

Banned
    AND HIS KINGDOM IS FOREVER