Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gil Cedillo is loosing his election for Congress

http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/district/cd32/

Top three in Bold.

Congressional District 32 Primary Election
    9.9% (22 of 222) precincts partially or fully reporting as of May 19, 2009, 8:42 p.m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Candidate Votes Percent
    Teresa Hernandez (Rep) 1,202 7.90%
    Stefan "Contreras" Lysenko (Dem) 55 0.36%
    Francisco Alonso (Dem) 293 1.93%
    Christopher M. Agrella (Lib) 161 1.06%
    Betty Chu (Rep) 1,938 12.74%
    Judy Chu (Dem) 6,388 41.98%
    Gil Cedillo (Dem) 2,628 17.27%

Nick Juan Mostert (Dem) 66 0.43%
    Benita Duran (Dem) 174 1.14%
    Rafael F. Nadal (Dem) 43 0.28%
    Emanuel Pleitez (Dem) 1,233 8.10%
    David A. Truax (Rep) 1,036 6.81%

http://www.swingstateproject.com/showDi ... aryId=4985

Despite the district's demographics, Chu has taken on something of frontrunner status in recent weeks in the eyes of observers at The Hill and NPR. Chu has a fundraising edge and some of the most valuable endorsements. This includes the endorsement of the state Democratic Party, as well as United Farm Workers co-founder Dolores Huerta and some key Latino politicians, such as LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Rep. Loretta Sanchez. (Cedillo has the endorsements of most of the other Latino Reps. in the area, such as Xavier Becerra, Joe Baca, and Linda Sanchez, as well as the LA County Young Democrats.)

In addition, Cedillo having gone significantly negative in the last few weeks indicates he may be feeling a loss in momentum... not just negative against Chu, but also likely third-place candidate Emanuel Pleitez, a 26-year-old rising star who was a member of the Obama transition team, suggesting that Pleitez is eating into Cedillo's Latino base.

Besides the district's ethnic composition, Cedillo has one other ace in the hole. The main Republican opposition in the race is also named Chu: Monterey Park City Councilor Betty Tom Chu (who apparently has some sort of grudge with the other Chu, and may be in the race at least partly as an attempted spoiler). Cedillo's main hope, though, is to maximize Latino turnout, so this race (in the prohibitively expensive LA media market) is being fought entirely on the ground.

This election is run as an all-party primary, with all candidates listed together (with party ID) in one big pool. If no candidate breaks 50% total (which, with 12 candidates in the race, seems unlikely), the top finisher from each party advances to a July 14 runoff. In a D+15 district, though, any Republican opposition in the runoff would be a formality for Chu or Cedillo

I just saw that too. One Bill Gil is on his way out!

thank goodness.
    another open border hack out the window

But might be replaced with another open borders idiot.

MW
    agrneydgrl wrote:

Not might, will. The state Democratic Party, United Farm Workers co-founder Dolores Huerta, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, and Rep. Loretta Sanchez would not endorse anyone that didn't think as they did on issues concerning immigration. It's another lose-lose situation for us in California.

LawEnforcer wrote:

"In a D+15 district, though, any Republican opposition in the runoff would be a formality for Chu or Cedillo "

Just curious, why did you bold the above comment and place a smiley face after it? Chu or Cedillo being a shoe-in is not a good thing (IMO).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    agrneydgrl wrote:

Not might, will. The state Democratic Party, United Farm Workers co-founder Dolores Huerta, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, and Rep. Loretta Sanchez would not endorse anyone that didn't think as they did on issues concerning immigration. It's another lose-lose situation for us in California.

LawEnforcer wrote:

"In a D+15 district, though, any Republican opposition in the runoff would be a formality for Chu or Cedillo "

Just curious, why did you bold the above comment and place a smiley face after it? Chu or Cedillo being a shoe-in is not a good thing (IMO).
    I didn't bold it because Chu the dem is a shoe in. I bold it because that eliminates Cedillo from que election.
    Chu might be another pro-illegal democrat. But I hate Cedillo so much that I would rather have a liberal democrat than a pro-illegal license Cedillo.

Sorry for the confusion.

MW
    LawEnforcer wrote:

Chu might be another pro-illegal democrat. But I hate Cedillo so much that I would rather have a liberal democrat than a pro-illegal license Cedillo.
    I can definitely understand pure hate. Unfortunately, I too have been battling the 'hate demon' a lot lately when it comes to pro-illegal advocates pushing their ridiculous agenda.

Question, how do you think Chu will differ from Cedillo (other than the driver's license issue)?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    LawEnforcer wrote:

I can definitely understand pure hate. Unfortunately, I too have been battling the 'hate demon' a lot lately when it comes to pro-illegal advocates pushing their ridiculous agenda.

Question, how do you think Chu will differ from Cedillo (other than the driver's license issue)?
    I think Chu is a liberal who supports labor. But I don't think Chu will support a DL bill for illegal aliens like Cedillo has done for the last 4 years.
    Cedillo is also the one who wrote the CA Dream act.
    My guess is that Chu is less ideological than Cedillo, but still is a liberal who will support amnesty. The difference is that Chu will stay in the sidelines and not push for it like Cedillo would.
    That is my guess and my hope, and is why I am sort off happy that Cedillo lost.

MW
    LawEnforcer wrote:

My guess is that Chu is less ideological than Cedillo, but still is a liberal who will support amnesty. The difference is that Chu will stay in the sidelines and not push for it like Cedillo would.
    That is my guess and my hope, and is why I am sort off happy that Cedillo lost.
    So basically Chu is the lesser of two evils. I don't know anything about Chu but knowing what I do about 'one bill Gill' - you're probably right.

With that said, it's still a lose-lose situation for the good citizens of California.