Glenn Beck

This is one of the most disturbing stories I have ever heard in my entire broadcast career.

Is freedom of the press dead? FCC to monitor newsrooms around the country

Thursday, Feb 20, 2014 at 11:56 AM EST

Video at the Page Link:

The freedom of the press is under attack. When the group Reporters Without Borders ranked the United States number 46 in the world for press freedom, citing the U.S. government’s investigations into various newsrooms, many gawked. But now it looks like the Obama Administration is looking to further interfere with the freedom of the press – and the American people are starting to take notice.

“Ask yourself the question: Why isn’t anyone talking about this? This is one of the most disturbing stories I have ever heard in my entire broadcast career,” Glenn said on radio this morning. “The FCC has now decided that they need to monitor the newsrooms. They need to figure out how story selection works in the newsroom.”
According to Fox News, the Federal Communications Commission announced a Multi-Market Study of Critical Information Needs last year, in hopes to understand the process through which stories are selected, station priorities, content production, populations served, perceived station bias, and perceived percent of news dedicated to each of the “critical information needs” in a community.
It is important to note the FCC only has jurisdiction over the broadcast industry, not cable news or print publications. Networks, local stations, and most radio stations would be subject to evaluation.
“You cannot allow the federal government into your local newsrooms. You cannot allow them to take over the local news. This is not happening in cable yet. But net neutrality is back. And so net neutrality is the way they’re going to get through into the Internet and on to cable,” Glenn explained. “Do you see what’s happening? They are taking over education. They are taking over media, literally – not just co-opting them.”
Fortunately, Americans are not sitting by idly. The American Center for Law and Justice, a conservative legal group, announced a petition on Wednesday demanding: “No government monitors in newsrooms” – and it received 10,000 signatures in the first two hours alone. You can access the petition HERE.
Meanwhile, actress Robin Wright declared in a recent interview with Capitol Fire that “D.C. is more corrupt than Hollywood.”
She came to this conclusion while researching her role of Claire Underwood on Netflix’s House of Cards. A “senior person” in the Obama Administration allegedly told her that – much like House of Cards – reporters really do sleep with their D.C. sources.
ADVERTISEMENT
“It really is. It’s more sleazy than Hollywood,” Glenn agreed. “This is the key: The reporters are sleeping with their sources. When we say the press is in bed with the politicians, we mean the press is in bed with the politicians.”
As Glenn explained, the fundamental transformation of America has in fact occurred, and we are now embroiled in a fight to save what is left of the Constitution.
“It is time to forget the United States of America that you know. It’s not that anymore. It’s not. The fundamental transformation has happened,” Glenn concluded. “In the United States of America that you know, do they put FCC monitors in newsrooms to make sure that they understand how stories are selected and to make sure that those stories are in the public interest? Not in the America I know. I don’t know what this country is. I know what this country used to be. And I know what this country is turning into… The good news is, I think there’s enough of us now who are awake that we may not be able to save the country. But we will save the Constitution.”

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/02/20/...d-the-country/