Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Glenn Beck - Rightwing Talker Beck to Get Big Bucks From Pre

Rightwing Talker Beck to Get Big Bucks From Premiere Radio Networks
    by Felix Gillette

Published: November 5, 2007

According to The New York Times, CNN Headline News host Glenn Beck is about to watch his net worth skyrocket—thanks to his continued popularity in talk radio.

"Premiere Radio Networks, a subsidiary of Clear Channel Communications, is expected to announce today that it is extending Mr. Beck's contract," the paper reported today. "Two sources with knowledge of the deal said it was valued at $50 million over five years, through a combination of salary and profit-sharing from syndication."

At the same time, Mr. Beck is continuing to enjoy success in television. Last week, Ken Jautz of CNN Headline News told TVNewser that Mr. Beck's show had its best month ever in October, and is up 50 percent in year-to-date viewers. As of tonight, Mr. Beck will face fresh competition from within his own network when CNN moves Lou Dobbs Tonight, CNN's second highest rated show, to 7 PM

http://www.observer.com/2007/premiere-r ... -big-bucks
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    As of tonight, Mr. Beck will face fresh competition from within his own network when CNN moves Lou Dobbs Tonight, CNN's second highest rated show, to 7 PM
    I still can't understand that move by CNN. Why would they purposely seek to hurt the viewership of one of their own shows? Common sense tells me the move is going to hurt either Lou Dobbs or Glenn Beck. A lot of us were actively watching both shows, now we'll have to choose. Of course it'll be Lou Dobbs for most of us on ALIPAC, however, I'm sure there will be some that will abandon Lou for Beck. Heck, they should have put Beck on immediately following Lou instead of that idiot Sanchez.

Can someone please explain to me what CNN is thinking. Surely they have a motive - I'm just too stupid to figure it out.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW...here's my analysis: "?"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Zeezil wrote:

Well, at least I'm not the only one that hasn't figured this out yet.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Zeezil wrote:

Well, at least I'm not the only one that hasn't figured this out yet.
    CNN is competing with MSNBC for viewers. Lou has a faithful following and Beck is hit and miss popular. Better to have the #1 and 2 shows on during Prime Time viewership. Of course thats just my rationale.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment