Why did uber-lib Sean Penn have a massive stash of guns?

Friday, Jan 17, 2014 at 2:05 PM EST

Yesterday we learned Hollywood mega producer Harvey Weinstein is working on a “big movie” starring Meryl Streep that will make the NRA “wish they weren’t alive.” And now it looks like another uber-leftist from tinsel town is getting in on the gun debate. During his third annual ‘Help Haiti Home’ benefit last weekend, actor Sean Penn auctioned off a sculpture made by artist Jeff Koons from Penn’s 65 discarded firearms.
Yes, that’s right – the communist loving, dictator sympathizing actor was once the proud owner of 65 firearms.
So why did he decide to melt them all down into an art piece that Anderson Cooper ended up paying a whopping $1.4 million for? Well, his new girlfriend, fellow actress Charlize Theron, apparently suggested he get rid of them.
“Yeah, these guys are the biggest hypocrites in the world. And that’s fine. I mean, look at Sean Penn. Because he wants to climb into the sack with Charlize Theron, he gives up guns,” Glenn said on radio this morning. “Hang on just a second. Now, first of all… why does Sean Penn have [65] guns? Did you get one for every birthday? Now, that is an important question, sure, but the question I really have is: How is this guy getting all the hot babes in Hollywood?”

As caller Andy in Massachusetts pointed out, Theron has a tumultuous history with guns and violence. When she was 17-year-old her shot and killed her alcoholic father after he reportedly fired his own gun and threatened to kill her.” Penn explained at his benefit that it was a “strong woman who happens to be from South Africa” who convinced him it give up his guns.
While Pat and Stu couldn’t understand why someone whose life was potentially saved by a firearm would be so against them, Glenn surmised that Theron probably blames her father’s death and the violence in her home on the guns. With that logic, however, she should be blaming alcohol as well.
“She’s an abused girl whose family had guns. She was saying: If my father wouldn’t have had the shotgun, he would still be alive today… Because guns were allowed to be out on the streets, dad went out and bought these guns and mom had one too… We had so much violence in our house because of guns,” Glenn explained. “[But] go after alcohol. Why isn’t she going after alcohol? Dad’s an alcoholic. Dad would have been responsible with a gun perhaps if he wouldn’t have had alcohol. Maybe he wouldn’t have been so abusive. Why not just ban alcohol?”
During the Haiti benefit, Penn also described funs as “cowardly killing machines”:
ADVERTISEMENT
Being provoked by this aforementioned strong woman and considering how liberating of bulls**t and ugliness it would be not only get rid of the guns I have in the continental United States but also to destroy them, Jeff Koons and I had a chat the other day. The highest bidder gets every single one of my guns put in the hands of this iconic artist and sculptor… Koons will decommission [and] render inactive all of my cowardly killing machines.
“Sean Penn said, too, that he had gotten rid of his 65 ‘cowardly killing machines,’ which begs the question: How many people has Sean Penn killed,” Stu joked. “Because if they’re killing machines, we assume he’s been killing people this entire time. I mean how can we assume anything different? He himself is calling them killing machines.”
Front page image courtesy of the AP

Video at the Page Link:

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/01/17/why-did-uber-lib-sean-penn-have-a-massive-stash-of-guns/