California is the canary in the coal mine for unleashed liberal delirium

The Golden Canary in the Coal Mine

By Joy Tiz Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The City of Indio (Population 84,000) is one of two sanctuary cities in California’s Coachella Valley. The city is in a state of high discombobulation: high crime, menacing roads, higher than average per student costs and 13.6% unemployment.

But this Southern California town is planning bold steps to right its ship of state: Indio’s next city manager isn’t going to be getting paid the $300,000 per year enjoyed by the outgoing city manager. http://www.mydesert.com/article/2010022 ... ty-manager

To further show their commitment to fiscal responsibility, the city has resorted to draconian measures. After city officials racked up an $805,000 credit card bill, the city fathers took the audacious step of limiting each card carrying bureaucrat to a maximum of $5000 per month. That means each of them is now only allowed to spend $5000 per month of taxpayer funds. I daresay there are few families in Indio that earn $5000 per month.

Nearby, Cathedral City residents are eager to vote themselves a sales tax increase. http://www.mydesert.com/article/2010031 ... -on-ballot The measure will be on the June 8th ballot. If voters approve the measure, and it’s likely they will, the city’s sales tax will increase to 9.75. Cathedral City enjoys an unemployment rate of 12.6%.

Moronic voters are falling for the traditional liberal extortion ploy. Failure to increase taxes will result, indubitably, in the mass firing of police officers and firefighters. Gimme more taxes or the fireman gets it!

Are those really the only two options? Are there absolutely no useless inert bureaucrats who wouldn’t really be missed?

Democrats also threaten us with massive teacher layoffs, but too many voters have figured out that being rid of incompetent liberal imbeciles wouldn’t be such a bad idea.

Laugh all you want, but California is the canary in the coal mine for unleashed liberal delirium.

There was a time when California was truly the Golden State. A few decades of nutty liberal policies and it’s about to become American’s first officially failed state.

Thus, the Obama administration is using California as the prototype for how to wreck the rest of the county. California has been consumed by politicians who are owned and operated by unions as well as the deputization of unelected bureaucrats to usurp the job of the legislature.

On a national level, the EPA is enacting annihilative policies with no debate and zero Constitutional authority. The Cap and Tax scheme will force the entire nation to live with California’s asinine building regulations. Don’t be too astonished when you have to provide a Feng Shui certification before you can sell your house.

During every California election cycle, local ballot initiatives appear written in incomprehensible euphemistic language, seeking to bleed yet more money from the hapless taxpayers, “for the schools.â€