Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Which GOP Candidate Do You Truly Believe Can Defeat Hillary?

I’m very curious to hear other people’s opinions on this. Particularly conservatives. Is there such a candidate? If so, which one and why?

The last report I read was that Hillary was leading in the polls against all candidates in both parties. Also, after last night’s Democratic debate, there were many independent voters in the audience. I’ve heard that people are so fed up with Republicans because of Bush, there is no way they would want another Republican in the Whitehouse.

That being said, is there a strong enough GOP contender who can realistically defeat her?

Ron Paul, he is the only one who votes for the constitution on every issue, he believes in states rights, but I think that TPTB will never allow him to get that far.

I've been to dozens and dozens of blogs and Ron Paul is still being talked about big time.

Ron Paul or Fred Thompson.

RON PAUL AND TOM TANCREDO

FRED THOMPSON?????????? Not only is he for shamnesty (he calls it comprehensive reform), but he is in Bush's pocket. There is a thread about it within the last hour!

JAK
    Fred Thompson is an amnesty man. Was also a member of the CFR.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo, or Ron Paul. Should one of these folks make it through the primaries, the illegal immigration issue will rule the day!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hillary has been the Republicans' choice for Democratic candidate since 2004. Hillary isn't going to sweep the female voters. The Republican women dislike her for standing by Bill and a lot of the Democratic faithful don't like her because of the vote authorizing Bush to use the armed forces in Iraq.

Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo, or Ron Paul!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is how I feel. I actually read this somewhere and it does make sense to me:

The only candidate who can defeat Hillary is Ron Paul. And the reason for that is because he has supporters who are democrats and independents who would take those votes away from her. Is there anyone here who truly believes that Fred Thompson can do that? People are so fed up with Republicans because of what Bush has done, there is no way they want another Republican in the Whitehouse. However, Paul appeals to people across the board. There are many democrats who are willing to switch their party affiliation just to support him.

I don't believe the illegal immigration issue will be enough for the majority of people to back Tancredo or Hunter. I may be wrong, but I think more conservatives have made illegal immigration more of an issue than liberals. I think the Iraq war issue has a slight edge over it.

In my opinion Fred Thompson will get the GOP nomination. There's a large number of conservatives who haven't been happy with the present candidates and they seem to be anxiously waiting for him. I've also read that the Bush family machine has already made plans to back him, so he's their golden boy. (that in and of itself should make people think twice)

What people don't understand is that many Democrats and Republicans are globalists. On the outside, they give the appearence that they have differences but behind the scenes, they all belong to the same globalist groups. Someone once compared the two parties as two separate mob families. They feud and they fight. But if an outsider comes along to ruin their whole operation, they join together to make sure that it doesn't happen.

"The biggest con beyond the obvious criminal actions of our non-elected leaders lies in the fantasy of an active democracy and the illusion of a choice between two political parties that purportedly 'oppose' each other; nothing could be further from the truth. What we have is a form of American Kabuki theatre enabled by the MSM with phony 'political formats' using dueling desperadoes from both parties that only serve to distract, deflect, divide and confuse Americans."

http://www.populistamerica.com/the_big_ ... epublicans

What I'm trying to understand is why conservatives (other than tancredo/hunter supporters) are completely disminssing Ron Paul. Do they feel he sounds too much like a liberal for saying that he wants the troops home now? Is it that some people still can't handle the truth that we (meaning the neo-con foreign policy) are responsible for causing more harm
    than good?

Any thoughts?