Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Gore: Cap-and-Trade Will Bring Global Government

Gore: Cap-and-Trade Will Bring Global Government

Monday, July 13, 2009 4:11 PM

By: Rick Pedraza

Former Vice President Al Gore told a British conference on the environment that the energy tax under the so-called cap-and-trade legislation in Congress would bring about global governance.

Speaking at the Smith School World Forum on Enterprise and the Environment in Oxford, England, Gore said the United States is responding to the threat of global warming with the cap-and-trade legislation, Times Online reported.

“Just two weeks ago, the House of Representatives passed the Waxman-Markey climate bill,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Glenn Beck reported on this a little while ago...

I think they are rushing every thing so fast so people do not realize what is happening until it is too late!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    I think alot of people do realize and they are going to plow right over us whether we like it or not just like the bailouts.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    I think alot of people do realize and they are going to plow right over us whether we like it or not just like the bailouts.
    I think you are exactly right April...it ain't going to be pretty!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

This is nothing more than creating another market. I pollute by expelling loads of carbon from my factories and your factory does not pollute, so I can enrich you to buy carbon credits, while I don't spend the money to update my factory. But no one can come after me as I have bought enough credits to keep me within the bounds of requirements.
    China pollutes, and the US is doing its best not to, so China buys credits from our green companies while they open coal-fired plants weekly.
    This is not a solution to carbon emissions. It is just a money-maker where brokers can enrich themselves, the US can get much-needed cash from China and other countries, since they are thinking twice about continuing to invest in our Treasury obligations, hinting at a new reserve currency besides the dollar.
    I saw this so much in Fla. where developers got to build on environmentally sensitive areas of the watershed if they bought enough credits to restore some other environmentally sensitive property owned by the public. It all worked out to no gains in saving watershed, but it was a feel-good thing some spoil island was planted with mangroves.
    Horsecrap!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by April
    I think you are exactly right April...it ain't going to be pretty!!
    No it will not be pretty and it we will not be as easy to plow over us as they think!!!!