Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Read the book, Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy by Peter Schweizer. 'Nuff said?

Al Gore goes around telling us all that we're environmental sinners because we're causing global warming and dirtying the planet. While he rides in his gas-guzzling private jet or sitting in his 20-room mansion that almost takes an entire power plant to run.

Lookie here, calculate your personal impact. These are by Al Gore's standards.

http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction ... alculator/

WHOIS Search Results: http://www.climatecrisis.net

Registrant:
    Al Gore
    2100 West End Ave., Suite 620
    Nashville, Tennessee 37203
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: CLIMATECRISIS.NET
    Created on: 16-Jun-04
    Expires on: 16-Jun-08
    Last Updated on: 04-Jun-06

Administrative Contact:
    Gore, Al cherwin@carthagegroup.com
    United States

Technical Contact:
    Gore, Al cherwin@carthagegroup.com
    United States

Banned
    Here's an interesting tidbit:

Published on Sunday, April 29, 2001 in the Chicago Tribune

Bush Loves Ecology -- At Home

by Rob Sullivan

The 4,000-square-foot house is a model of environmental rectitude.

Geothermal heat pumps located in a central closet circulate water through pipes buried 300 feet deep in the ground where the temperature is a constant 67 degrees; the water heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer. Systems such as the one in this "eco-friendly" dwelling use about 25% of the electricity that traditional heating and cooling systems utilize.

A 25,000-gallon underground cistern collects rainwater gathered from roof runs; wastewater from sinks, toilets and showers goes into underground purifying tanks and is also funneled into the cistern. The water from the cistern is used to irrigate the landscaping surrounding the four-bedroom home. Plants and flowers native to the high prairie area blend the structure into the surrounding ecosystem.

No, this is not the home of some eccentrically wealthy eco-freak trying to shame his fellow citizens into following the pristineness of his self-righteous example. And no, it is not the wilderness retreat of the Sierra Club or the Natural Resources Defense Council, a haven where tree-huggers plot political strategy.

This is President George W. Bush's "Texas White House" outside the small town of Crawford.

<snip>

continue reading full article

Okay, I took Gore's little test to get my carbon impact and then I played with the numbers. You basically cannot live if you are to get it down to a level they deem appropriate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    Okay, I took Gore's little test to get my carbon impact and then I played with the numbers. You basically cannot live if you are to get it down to a level they deem appropriate.
    My business travel alone places me far above average consumption.

Gore's average monthly electric bill is $1,359. But under his test, he only allows the average person up to $500 a month for their electric bill.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mail
    Gore's average monthly electric bill is $1,359. But under his test, he only allows the average person up to $500 a month for their electric bill.
    Apparently not even that. My electric bill averages more than $200 less than that, my car is relatively fuel efficient, my natural gas consumption is low (maybe $50/mo.) and I have no heating oil or proance consumption, yet my average eight to ten business rounds trips, of which about three or four per year are long international flights, makes me an energy hog. I would have to have $0 on my electric and gas bills just to offset business travel, and even then I would still be at 8.55 as compared with the alleged 7.5 average.

Let's look back ten years ago when Al Gore was Vice President. It appears he's blaming the child bearing women for global warming.

http://www.peopleforlife.org/gore.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12