Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Grassley grants Kavanaugh accuser another extension

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Grassley grants Kavanaugh accuser another extension

Grassley grants Kavanaugh accuser another extension

By Stephen Sorace
    7 hours ago

Senator Grassley has granted Dr. Ford another day to decide whether to testify before the senate.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley late Friday night granted another extension to Christine Blasey Ford to decide on whether she will testify to the committee.

The new deadline was unclear, but Ford had requested that a 10 p.m. ET Friday deadline be extended until Saturday.

Ford has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, citing an incident that she said occurred decades ago, when both were in high school.

Grassley issued his latest extension decision in a tweet addressed to Kavanaugh, adding that he hopes the judge can “understand” his reasoning behind the delay.

Just before midnight ET, Grassley tweeted: “Judge Kavanaugh I just granted another extension to Dr Ford to decide if she wants to proceed w the statement she made last week to testify to the senate She shld decide so we can move on I want to hear her. I hope u understand. It’s not my normal approach to b indecisive.”

Grassley later added: “With all the extensions we give Dr Ford to decide if she still wants to testify to the Senate I feel like I’m playing 2nd trombone in the judiciary orchestra and Schumer is the conductor.”

The Friday 10 p.m. ET deadline was itself an extension of a previous Friday morning deadline before Grassley issued the latest postponement.

Kavanaugh's accuser responds to the Senate Judiciary Committee requesting an additional day to make a decision about whether or not to testify; insight on 'The Ingraham Angle.'

Democratic senators and Ford’s attorneys earlier Friday had responded negatively to Republicans’ deadlines and requests for a decision, asking for an extra day.

Grassley initially invited Ford to testify Monday and gave Ford until 10 a.m. Friday to respond. That deadline passed Friday without a deal after Ford’s attorneys made clear this week Ford didn’t want to testify Monday but suggested she would do so on another day.

Fox News' Matt Richardson contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...extension.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh stop it. Just end this charade. Holding our country's Judicial System up in the air like this while you dance with demons in the Democrat Party, come on Chuck Grassley, stop it. Hannity was wrong to suggest another day. This should have been ended by last night if not earlier. What kind of legal system can we have when story-tellers can hold it hostage for days? What kind of rule of law do we have when the Judiciary Committee of the United States Senate has no respect for state statutes of limitations?

End it today, Chuck, or Republicans at least will never look at you the same way as they have all these years.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Grassley later added: “With all the extensions we give Dr Ford to decide if she still wants to testify to the Senate I feel like I’m playing 2nd trombone in the judiciary orchestra and Schumer is the conductor.”
    You are and he is!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn