Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Greg in LA's list of favorite american made clothing co.

Like many of you I try to buy as much as I can on products made right here in the good old USA. If I can, I want it made by an American.

Over the last few years of searching this is what I can recommend.

Jeans: Go to the Texas jean co.
    at www.texasjeans.com I purchased a pair of carpenter jeans and a pair of army style "hum-vee" pants. I highly recommend the hum-vee pants. on sale at present for $15.99.

Rugby shirts: Collumbia knit.
    top quality, thick cotton, wears like Iron. Good looking. $24.00 - $38.00. I highly recommend this place. They also make excellent t-shirts for about $9.00. and great kids rugyby sirts for about $12.00 Go to www.usa-wear.com

Polo shirts. KIng Louie shirts,
    made in K.C. Missouri I bought three and I like them all. About $24.00 each. all cotton and I was very satisfied.
    Go to www.allamericanclothing.com. This company has many other american made brands to choose from as well.

Leather dress shoes. Allen Edmonds,
    made in Wisconcin. I highly recommend them. Top quality and hand made. I bought a pair on line last year $170.00 Beautiful. I know they will last years. Just google the name Allen Edmonds shoes and see what is on sale and where.

Running shoes, New Ballance.
    They are the best running shoes, they sell them in many places. Many of their shoes are made in china, but their best quality shoes are made in the USA. You can check under the tongue and see where they are made. I paid about $100.00 for a pair and they feel great. At work I stand on cement all day and I need comfortable shoes to get through the day.

Bills Khaki: Makes really nice mens khaki pants. thick cotton twill and worth the extra money. Just google Bills Khaki and see what is on sale and where. They have a real traditional look to them. Made in Pennsylvania

Cigars: Marsh Wheeling cigars.
    founded in 1840 and were the favorite of Ulysses S. Grant. Made in Indiana from American grown tobacco. Every box is a piece of American history.

As you probably have noticed in general you have to pay a premium for American made. I think it is worth it, and there is no doubt that the quality is much better. Plus it keeps one out of wall mart.

Enjoy.

This would be a great idea for a new forum(unless we have one that I don't know about) lots of times I have searched for items made in America when I needed to buy things.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

I'm assuming that Made in America means these companies also use American workers? Made in America by illegal invader labor means nothing to me.

I know this is somewhat cynical, but unfortunately, corporate America has demonstrated they will say or do anything in order to make a buck. Not implying that any of these companies listed are doing that. I guess i'm overly cautious now given the fact we have 12-20 million illegals in this country, in which many of them work in textile operations.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know what you are saying. I can't verify the that these companies hire Americans. But I am still going to do my best to buy American.

I also found out that most of Jules Jurgensen watches are American made.

American Clothing

If you are looking for a very large selection of American Made Clothing check out:

www.allusaclothing.com

They sell everything from shirts to socks to shoes.