Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Harry Reid's battle plan against Sharron Angle:

Harry Reid's battle plan against Sharron Angle: Paint her as whackjob

Harry Reid's political operation in Nevada is quietly assembling a battle plan to take on Tea Partyer Sharron Angle in the general election, presuming she beats Sue Lowden in today's GOP primary.

The strategy: Use her own words to paint her as, well, a complete whackjob. Sound familiar? That's what ground up Lowden in the wake of the chickens-for-checkups gaffe.

Exhibit A: An interview Angle gave in which she suggested she favors outlawing alcohol and supports legislating morality. This, in Nevada.

In an interview with Liberty Watch magazine, Angle expressed her opposition to legalizing marijuana, and added: "I feel the same about legalizing alcohol."

"The effect on society is so great that I'm just not a real proponent of legalizing any drug or encouraging any drug abuse," Angle said. "I'm elected by the people to protect, and I think that law should protect."

Asked whether legislating morality is appropriate, she added: "I don't think you can get away from that; people just make value judgments. We're not a neutral society. Politics, especially, are not neutral and no one can come to the table value-less or moral-less."

Reid allies will point out the absurdity of someone who wants to represent Nevada appearing to oppose legal alcohol and to support legislating morality.

Reid aides also plan to aggressively highlight an interview Angle gave in which she conceded she's so conservative that even Republicans call her "wacky."

And they will point to Angle's support for a prison drug rehabilitation program that involves massages and saunas and is based on an idea pushed by the Church of Scientology.

Reid's operation, with a big assist from Lowden, managed to turn an offhand remark about chickens into a six-week story. They think they have far more to work with in Angle's own words, which explains why they believe an Angle victory tonight would give Reid a far better chance of holding his seat.

By Greg Sargent | June 8, 2010; 4:15 PM ET
    Categories: 2010 elections , Senate Dems , Senate Republicans

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/plum-l ... _lowd.html

Kathyet

edit] Personal life

Angle was born in Klamath Falls, Oregon but moved to Reno, Nevada when she was 3 years old.[1] Her father is a Navy veteran of World War II and served in the Navy Reserve during the Korean War. Angle attended public school in Reno and later obtained a BA in Fine Arts from the University of Nevada. She married her husband Ted during her senior year of college in 1970, with whom she has two children and ten grandchildren. After graduating from college, Angle, a Southern Baptist Christian[2][3][4], worked as a substitute teacher for 25 years, ran a small Christian school for two years, and taught for five years at Western Nevada Community College.[1]

[edit] Political career
    [edit] Nevada Assembly

In 1998, Angle won election to the State Assembly.[1] She served in the Assembly until 2005. During her time in the assembly, she voted "no" so frequently on matters of wide consensus that votes were often called as "41-to-Angle."[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharron_Angle
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I got this email from Jim DeMint this morning about Sharron Angle

Dear Fellow Conservative:

This could be the most important message I send you this entire election cycle so I implore you to take a few minutes to read it.

The battle lines have now been drawn in the most important U.S. Senate race in the nation. This November, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid — the most powerful liberal in Congress — will face Nevada Assemblywoman Sharron Angle — one of the strongest conservative voices in the country.

Harry Reid is a liberal Democrat who has lead the effort to pass President Obama's radical agenda and used backroom deals like the Cornhusker Kickback to buy votes for government takeovers and runaway spending.

Sharron Angle is a conservative warrior who has fought endless battles against taxes, spending, and liberals in both parties in the Nevada Assembly.

Sharron Angle is a former teacher, not a career politician. She first made a name for herself by fighting her own party on an attempted $800 million tax hike — a battle that went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court.

As the proud grandmother of ten, Sharron Angle wants to do everything in her power to ensure America's next generation is not forced to pay the bill for the gross misconduct of today's elected leaders.

Nobody thought she could defeat her Washington-backed opponent in the Republican primary but she did because of her uncompromising support for conservative principles.

If Sharron Angle defeats Harry Reid in November, it will trigger a political earthquake that will shake Washington to its core. Nothing would do more to stop President Obama and his radical agenda than defeating Harry Reid.

But winning this conservative victory will be the most difficult of them all. Harry Reid has a $9 million war chest and will use very penny of it — along with millions from liberal interest groups — to smear Sharron Angle. Make no mistake: Harry Reid will do whatever it takes to hold on to power.

Sharron Angle is ready to fight and win. The question is: Are you?

Click Here to Support the Conservative Comeback
    This is a contest between two very different candidates.

* Harry Reid voted for the Wall Street bailout. Sharron Angle opposed it.
    * Harry Reid voted for government-run health care. Sharron Angle says no.
    * Harry Reid voted for trillions in deficit spending and supported pork barrel projects like the Bridge to Nowhere. Sharron Angle supports a balanced budget amendment and will fight to end the earmark favor factory.

The choice is clear, but only if we make it clear for every voter in Nevada. And we don't have much time.

Harry Reid and his allies will begin attacking Sharron Angle immediately and we must respond or our chance at conservative victory could be lost.

I have put together a plan to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Nevada Senate race — along with several others like it — to achieve conservative victory. This plan includes running statewide television and radio ads, sending direct mail to targeted voters, and operating phone banks — all geared toward defeating Harry Reid in November.

As you probably know, I'm one of the few unapologetic conservatives serving in the U.S. Senate today. I have a 100% score from the American Conservative Union and I'm in the trenches fighting President Obama's liberal agenda every day.

I am also the chairman of the Senate Conservatives Fund, a cutting-edge political action committee that is dedicated to electing rock-solid conservative leaders to the U.S. Senate.

The Senate Conservatives Fund has endorsed Sharron Angle in Nevada because she's a true conservative, not a rubber-stamp Republican. Being a Republican is not enough these days. In order to receive the support of the Senate Conservatives Fund, candidates must demonstrate a core commitment to our nation's founding principles and a willingness to stand up to their own party when it's wrong.

So far this year, the Senate Conservatives Fund has been on front lines in Pennsylvania, Florida, and Kentucky — successfully helping Pat Toomey, Marco Rubio, and Rand Paul win their primary elections.

We've been successful in these races and now we're turning our sights to Nevada. This is the race we've all be waiting for — a chance to send a message loud and clear that Americans have had enough. This race, more than any other, will determine the future of our country.

Sharron Angle's victory in the Republican primary in Nevada has not only given us a chance to send a true warrior for freedom to the Senate, it has given us the opportunity to defeat the most powerful liberal in Congress.

Imagine replacing Harry Reid with a no-nonsense, outspoken conservative who will not rest until government is cut back to size and our economy is once again free to grow and prosper.

It can be done if we act now.

Please send your most generous donation to the Senate Conservatives Fund today so we can defeat Harry Reid and make 2010 the year of the Conservative Comeback.

Thank you for supporting the principles of freedom that are the backbone of America. Together, we can and we will take back our country.

Respectfully,
    Jim DeMint
    United States Senator
    Chairman, Senate Conservatives Fund

P.S. The Nevada Senate race is the most important election in the country this year. It's a contest between Harry Reid — the most powerful liberal in Congress — and Sharron Angle — one of the strongest conservative voices in America. Please make a contribution to the Senate Conservatives Fund today so we win this race and take back our country.

Not paid for at taxpayer expense. Contributions to Senate Conservatives Fund PAC are not deductible as charitable contributions. Contributions from corporations or foreign nationals lacking permanent resident status are not permitted. Federal law requires Senate Conservatives Fund PAC to report the name, mailing address, occupation and employer for each individual whose contributions aggregate in excess of $200 in a calendar year.

She is the only choice now...we need to defeat Harry Reid....

Kathyet