Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Heaven: The Message from Billy Graham

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Heaven: The Message from Billy Graham

Heaven: The Message from Billy Graham

February

by sundance

We never know what we truly believe until it’s a matter of life and death. Billy Graham, along with a firefighter and a young woman forced to face the reality of death, share the Gospel message, and what really happens when we die.

Recorded by Billy Graham Evangelistic Association in 2014:

Billy Graham Memorial HERE

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-billy-graham/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 02-21-2018 at 11:18 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Donald Trump Remembers Billy Graham as an ‘American Hero’

February 21, 2018

Charlie Spiering

“Billy’s acceptance of Jesus Christ around his seventeenth birthday not only changed his life—it changed our country and the world,” Trump said. “He was one of the towering figures of the last 100 years — an American hero whose life and leadership truly earned him the title ‘God’s Ambassador.’”

Trump praised Graham’s belief in God and his effort in spreading the Christian message around the world and recognized the importance of his speech in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

“Billy’s unshakeable belief in the power of God’s word to transform hearts gave hope to all who listened to his simple message: “’God loves you.’” he said.

Trump said that he got to know Graham and his family in recent years. In 2013, Trump attended Graham’s 95th birthday party.

During his presidential campaign, Trump also said that as a child he attended some of Graham’s “crusade” meetings.

“Melania and I were privileged to get to know Reverend Graham and his extraordinary family over the last several years, and we are deeply grateful for their love and support,” he wrote.

He also praised Graham’s wife Ruth for helping her husband, before passing in 2007.

“Billy Graham was truly one of a kind,” Trump said. “Christians and people of all faiths and backgrounds will miss him dearly. We are thinking of him today, finally at home in Heaven.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...american-hero/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 02-21-2018 at 11:31 PM.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

FRC’s Tony Perkins on Billy Graham: ‘Example of Servant-Leadership Will Continue to Inspire Christians’

February 21, 2018

Dr. Susan Berry

Family Research Council (FRC) President Tony Perkins commented on the passing of Christian evangelist Rev. Billy Graham, who died Wednesday at the age of 99.

“Billy Graham grew up in what most would consider humble, ordinary beginnings, but because he yielded himself to God, he was used to accomplish the extraordinary – forever impacting the lives of countless people,” Perkins said in a statement sent to Breitbart News.

Perkins added, “In the face of naysayers, he chose to obey God rather than man, and he turned the world upside down. Billy Graham was empowered by a reverent fear of God – so much so that he overcame the seemingly insurmountable and took the Gospel to people and places thought virtually impossible. He even ventured to countries most hostile to Christianity, including North Korea and the Soviet Union. Dr. Graham’s deep faith in God overruled the fears of his time. He never failed to give glory to God and the power of prayer for his ministry’s success:

Perkins recalled the ease with which Graham discussed current events as he also related them to “God’s timeless truths.”

“A newspaper once described his preaching style as ‘holding the Bible in one hand and a newspaper in the other,’” he said. “He knew how to relate the Gospel to the daily life experiences of his audience. This understanding of social trends led him to call attention to family breakdown and the consequences for future generations.”

Perkins described Graham’s life as one of “integrity that each follower of Jesus Christ can emulate.”

“His example of servant-leadership will continue to inspire Christians around the world to be salt and light,” he concluded. “What a joyous moment it had to be when Dr. Billy Graham heard the words that he has longed to hear from his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ: ‘Well done good and faithful servant.'”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...re-christians/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 02-21-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Billy Graham gave more than prayer to presidents

February 21, 2018

Laurie Kellman

WASHINGTON – He was rebuffed, then embraced, by Harry Truman. Confided in — and deeply hurt by — Richard Nixon. A source of reassurance for George H.W. Bush on the eve of war. The spark that finally turned George W. Bush toward sobriety.

The Rev. Billy Graham, who died Wednesday at age 99, was a fixture of the presidency to every man who has held the office back to the early years of the Cold War. He met all 12 of them, plus Donald Trump before he ran for office, and counseled most as they grappled with governing, politics and peace of mind.

Though most presidents have sought guidance from spiritual leaders, Graham's role at the top echelons of American politics was unique, and there's no obvious successor likely to fill his shoes as an adviser to leaders from both parties. The evangelical movement he helped turn into a political force is now most closely aligned with the Republican Party, including Trump, who has been publicly backed by numerous evangelical leaders.

"Many of the public religious figures are known in the public because of their stances politically," said Mark Noll, an evangelical scholar at the University of Notre Dame. He said the current political and media polarization "makes it harder for a figure like Graham to emerge."

For some of the presidents he advised, Graham offered more than just prayers, support and photo opportunities. Depending on the White House occupant and the era, he was a friend, negotiator and shrewd political adviser.

His first overtures to a president were rebuffed. His star rising, Graham pressed Truman, a Democrat, to attend his Washington crusade in 1952. But Truman wanted no part of Graham, whom he at first considered a publicity hound. After Truman left the White House, he received Graham at his home in Independence, Missouri, according to Graham's website.

He had better luck with Truman's successor, Republican Dwight D. Eisenhower. Graham urged Eisenhower to run for president and counseled him about the afterlife.

His close friendship with Nixon began in the late 1950s, before the Republican landed in the White House. The match was glued by their disdain for communism, Graham's belief that Nixon was a man of high moral character— and both men's ambitions. Graham considered endorsing Nixon in the 1960 election against Democrat John F. Kennedy, when Kennedy's Catholicism became a divisive issue.
    "I think the true story with Graham was he was far more partisan that he's ever let on in public or that's ever come to light," said Randall Balmer, a Dartmouth College historian and author of "God in the White House."

When Kennedy defeated Nixon, Graham agreed to play golf with the president-elect at the Kennedys' Palm Beach, Florida, estate and drove around in Kennedy's white Lincoln Continental.

"He missed a putt and Kennedy said, 'Well, I thought you were a good golfer,'" said Grant Wacker of Duke Divinity School. Graham rolled with it, replying, "I am when I'm not playing with the president of the United States." But Graham and Kennedy were never close.

Graham's relationship with Nixon was complex and ultimately painful. When the Watergate scandal broke, Graham said he did not recognize the man he knew as modest and moral. "I did not absolve him — but neither did I judge him," Graham wrote in his memoirs.

When tapes from Nixon's White House were released in 2002, Graham was heard telling the president that Jews "don't know how I really feel about what they're doing to this country." He apologized.

William C. Martin of Rice University, one of Graham's biographers, said in a statement that Graham was stunned when told that some of Nixon's aides had admitted using the pastor.

"'I felt like a sheep led to the slaughter,'" Graham responded to Martin, author of "A Prophet with Honor: The Billy Graham Story."

Graham took a lower political profile after Watergate, but he did not abandon politics. He urged President Gerald Ford to pardon Nixon and supported Jimmy Carter on the SALT disarmament treaty with the Soviet Union.

"A big myth is that he became apolitical after Watergate," said Michael Long, an associate professor of religious studies and peace and conflict studies at Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania. "In some ways, he became even more political."

Graham also was criticized by some conservative evangelicals for praying at the inauguration of Bill Clinton, a supporter of abortion rights — and then criticized again for publicly forgiving Clinton during the Monica Lewinsky scandal and praising Hillary Rodham Clinton for forgiving her husband.

Graham had a close relationship with the Bush family. Patriarch George H.W. Bush said that the pastor's presence on the eve of the Persian Gulf War helped him avoid doubt, "even for a second ... (about) the moral clarity of our mission that January night."
    Years later, his son, George W. Bush, recalled in an interview with Focus on the Family that he'd been drunk the first time he met Graham at the family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine. The two went for a walk that launched Bush's rejection of alcohol and embrace of Christianity.

"We started talking about religion," the former president said in the interview. "And Billy sent me a Bible and I started reading the Bible."

Graham kept a lower profile later in life, but still kept in touch with presidents. He accepted tributes from a trio of them — Carter, Clinton and the elder Bush — at the dedication of the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte, North Carolina. In 2010, President Barack Obama visited Graham at his home in Montreat, North Carolina.

Trump and his wife, Melania, attended Graham's 95th birthday party in 2013. By the time Trump was inaugurated in January 2017, it was Graham's son, Franklin, who spoke, declaring the rainy day "a sign of God's blessing."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/21...residents.html
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 02-21-2018 at 11:36 PM.

Billy Graham’s Legacy Echoes Through Eternity

February 21, 2018

Liberty Counsel

MONTREAT, N.C.—Evangelist Billy Graham passed away this morning at 7:46 a.m. at his home in Montreat. He was 99.

Throughout his life, Billy Graham preached the gospel of Jesus Christ to approximately 215 million people who attended one of his more than 400 crusades, simulcasts and evangelistic rallies in more than 185 countries and territories. He also reached millions more through TV, video, film, the internet and 34 books. Graham provided spiritual counsel to presidents, and his evangelistic crusades and gospel preaching brought him into contact with many world leaders and influencers, including multiple American presidents, Martin Luther King, Jr. and Queen Elizabeth II. In 2001, he comforted the world when he spoke at the National Cathedral in Washington, following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. At three global conferences held in Amsterdam (1983, 1986, 2000), Graham gathered some 23,000 evangelists from 208 countries and territories to train them to carry the message of Jesus Christ around the world.

Graham always stayed true to his simple message of hope in Jesus Christ. At his final crusade in June 2005 at Flushing Meadows Corona Park in New York, he said, “I have one message: that Jesus Christ came, he died on a cross, he rose again, and he asked us to repent of our sins and receive him by faith as Lord and Savior, and if we do, we have forgiveness of all of our sins.”

During the week of his 95th birthday in 2013, Graham delivered his final message via more than 480 television stations across the U.S. and Canada. More than 26,000 churches participated in the My Hope project, making it the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association’s largest evangelistic outreach ever in North America.

Graham’s grave marker will read, “Preacher of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.”

“There were a few times when I thought I was dying, and I saw my whole life come before me…” said Graham at his Cincinnati Crusade on June 24, 2002. “I didn’t say to the Lord, ‘I’m a preacher, and I’ve preached to many people.’ I said, ‘Oh Lord, I’m a sinner, and I still need Your forgiveness. I still need the cross.’ And I asked the Lord to give me peace in my heart, and He did-a wonderful peace that hasn’t left me.”

“Billy Graham’s promotion to heaven today is a reminder that one person who is totally and humbly surrendered to the Lord can have an incredible eternal impact on the world. Billy Graham’s legacy will echo through eternity,” said Mat Staver, Founder and Chairman of Liberty Counsel.

http://canadafreepress.com/article/b...rough-eternity

Billy Graham's Last Message To America and The World