Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Henrietta Hughes says she's not milking the system

These lazy liars need jobs not handouts from my pocket!!!!!

By Nick Spinetto, WINK News

Story Created: Feb 12, 2009 at 5:10 PM EST

Story Updated: Feb 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM EST
    SOUTHWEST FLORIDA - A woman making national headlines after a tearful moment with President Obama has a new home.

Thursday morning, Chene Thompson handed Henrietta Hughes the keys to her home in Hendry County. Thompson is the wife of State Representative Nick Thompson (R-District 73). Hughes and her son will live at the home rent free.

However, a local organization is coming forward saying Hughes isn't being honest about how much help she's had in the past.

The director of We Care Outreach Ministry, Tanya Johnson, says just last month she offered Henrietta Hughes permanent housing and a place to stay free for three months, but Hughes refused.

"We would have allowed her to stay for the first 90 days, no income. You know free," said Tanya Johnson.

We Care Outreach Ministry is a faith based organization in Fort Myers.

Johnson says she also gave Henrietta and her son Corey, money, food and offered Corey job training courses, but it was refused.

"We have extended a lot of her services to her," Johnson said.

But Henrietta Hughes says these services weren't free and the apartment in East Fort Myers came with a price tag.

Hughes says Tanya Johnson wanted $400 a month immediately.

The disability check Hughes gets is a little more than $800 a month.

Hughes owes money on a loan, has her car insurance payment, a monthly storage bill and says she couldn't afford the rent.

"Where was I going to get $400 a month to give her if I got these expenses," Hughes told WINK News.

WINK News Reporter Nick Spinetto went back to talk to Tanya Johnson and she stands by her story.

Henrietta Hughes says she's never taken advantage of the system and doesn't choose to be homeless. Like other programs she's tried to get help from,she says We Care couldn't meet her needs.

State Representative Nick Thompson and his wife Chene are standing by the Henrietta and her son, Corey. They spoke out against the allegations Henrietta is milking the system, even when confronted with the fact WINK News found out the Hughes' sold property, back in 2005. This is after Henrietta and her son lost thier home in 2003 and started living in their car. Henrietta and her son sold the land for $47,000 dollars. But Chene Thompson says that was all the money they had for several years and it's gone.

"They have nothing today. They need help today. They didn't need help in 2005. They need help today. So whether they had $47,000 or $147,000 in 2005, it doesn't matter. They don't have any money today," she said.

The Thompson's say they are sad Henrietta has to defend herself against these allegations and they will continue to help her. They also hope it doesn't deter other people from helping.

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/39518252.html
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

GIVE EM AN INCH AND THEY DEMAND A MILE.

Those people need to get a job, not a free house.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So how many other "Henriettas" can the Thompson's help with a free house and help? There's at least 30,000,000 other Americans that need it right now.

I don't begrudge the help someone else gives another. Their choice. Their freedom. So long as I'm not asked or forced to pay for it.

Pass the FairTax, Now!

www.fairtax.org
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They said nothing about her son working. The Thompsons will regret it they ever offered it FREE, because now they have taken on their support and if they try to "toss them", they will be pillaged. Once people start getting free stuff, why bother working. Huge mistake and the reason a lot of people remain in difficult situations...waiting for someone to come and help them.

I was surprised to find out she was 60 something and her son in his late 30's. She's had or has cancer.....I don't know. I lived in Florida, it was hard to get any assistance if you weren't young and pregnant and single or a druggie or an alcoholic in legal trouble. Maybe it depends on what area of Florida you live in.......all I know there's always been alot of homeless. I don't really know what to think. All I know is I kissed the ground once I got to leave that God foresaken state. No offense to anyone from there, but I hated it. Great place to vacation.....but after that, forget it. All I know is I had 2 kids to raise on less than her disability payments and they said I made too much.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Amen to that. I need a bail out. A new house would work just fine. Can I keep my welfare money ??? I don't want to work, thats hard ! Anyone got
    Thompson's phone #??

Quote Originally Posted by vrooder
    Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Amen to that. I need a bail out. A new house would work just fine. Can I keep my welfare money ??? I don't want to work, thats hard ! Anyone got
    Thompson's phone #??
    Yeah, we need to publish that number, and let freedom "ring"!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Your all right Why is the welfare focused on giving money and stuff. I'm in favor of giving jobs or earned benefits unless your disabled. What we need is to have all welfare recipients required to do community service before welfare is received?!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Welcome to Florida......there are HUNDREDS of Thousands of Henrietta Hughes

Were not in Kansas any more Toto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast