Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Herman Cain accuser got $45,000 settlement

Herman Cain accuser got $45,000 settlement

By JONATHAN MARTIN | 11/3/11 1:25 PM EDT

POLITICO has learned that one of the women who accused Herman Cain of sexual harassment at the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s received a payout of about $45,000 as part of her settlement — significantly more than the two or three months’ salary Cain initially recalled the woman obtained.

The woman who received the approximately $45,000 is the staffer who Cain has acknowledged formally lodged a complaint about his behavior.
    Continue Reading

Cain described her in a Fox News interview as a writer in the communications department.

The compensation the woman received as part of her departure package was far more than that what a midlevel trade association employee in the late 1990s would have made over a two-to-three month period.

It was also more than the payout a second association employee received after complaining about Cain’s behavior. According to The New York Times, the second woman received $35,000 — a year’s pay.

Cain’s changing stories about whether settlements existed, and their amounts, have muddled his explanations. He has not acknowledged that there is more than one settlement.

On Monday morning, Cain told Fox News, “If the restaurant [association] did a settlement, I was unaware of it.â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In the grand scheme of things, these amounts are very minor, indicating to me that they were "go away" payments. Until I see the blue dress, I'm reserving my judgment.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    In the grand scheme of things, these amounts are very minor, indicating to me that they were "go away" payments. Until I see the blue dress, I'm reserving my judgment.
    I agree ReggieMay.

And just for the record, If I ever felt 'sexually harassed' I wouldn't need a monetary settlement. I would probably need a bail bondsman and the harasser would need an ER. Just saying.

It isn't likely that National Restaurant Association would just give anyone $45,000, or $35,000, unless there was a good chance that they would lose much more than that if the case went to court.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn