Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Hialeah's First Mass Murder: Tragedy in Hialeah

Hialeah's First Mass Murder: Tragedy in Hialeah

June 8, 8:53 AM
    Hialeah Community Examiner
    Sandra Kelly

Geraldo Regalado, the half brother of former New York Yankees pitcher Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez, opened fire in a Hialeah cafe, killing 4 people and injuring 3 others, before turning the gun on himself.

Regalado, 38, had been separated from his wife, Liazan Molina, 24, which he had brought from Cuba in 2007. Nieghbors say Regalado had told them they had marital problems.

"My days have no sunshine; the nights have no stars," he wrote on Molina’s Facebook page about a week ago.

The separation from his wife was too much for Regalado. Armed with a .45-caliber pistol that he owned, he showed up at Yoyito Cafe-Restaurant in Hialeah. He entered the cafe "running like a crazy man," as one 911 caller screamed. Regalado started a shooting spree, pulling the trigger nine times. His wife had been working there for just two days.

Hialeah Police say Regalado may have targeted his victims. All were women and only one was not an employee of Yoyito’s. He was shooting at close range, walking through the kitchen where the shooting took place.

"We've never had this many people killed at one time. It's a first for us," said Hialeah police Sgt. Carl Zogby.

After the shooting, Regalado fled the scene in a white SUV. He committed suicide, shooting himself in the head.

The victims were hardworking and caring, say friends and family. They leave behind children and family who now mourn their unnecessary deaths: Maysel Figueroa, Lavina M. Fonseca and Zaida Castillo of Hialeah and Liazan Molina, of Coral Gables.

As of Monday night, the three wounded victims include: Yasmin Dominguez, believed to be Molina's cousin, remains in critical condition; Ivet Coronado Fernandez, who was shot twice, underwent two operations but may lose her arm and Mayra de la Caridad Lopez, remains in critical condition.

Regalado's half brother, ``El Duque'' Hernandez, issued this statement from his Pinecrest home:
    "I'm searching for words but can't find them. My family is suffering, but I want foremost to offer our deepest condolences to the families who lost loved one in this tragedy. No one has the right to take anyone's life. Only God."

http://www.examiner.com/x-14486-Hialeah ... in-Hialeah
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I can't say it enough ~ If you come to Florida, please, please, please be careful

this state is not what it used to be
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is anywhere or anything my friend....