Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Higher Education Aid Plummets Without Warning

Don't Bank on It
    June 11, 2009

Taseen Peterson is a portrait of the recession. A single father who worked as a loan officer in the mortgage industry, Peterson decided to go back to school as the real estate market dried up, figuring he’d ride out the downturn in college and come out the other end with a credential that would get him a higher paying job.

A resident of Newark, N.J., 26-year-old Peterson chose to attend Berkeley College, a for-profit institution just up the street from his house. While he’s had to juggle being a dad and a student, Peterson has taken enough online and evening classes to potentially graduate in fewer than four years. There’s a new wrinkle in the plan, however, given a proposal in Gov. Jon Corzine’s budget that would cut financial aid for students at proprietary institutions.

“Now I’m in school; I mean to stay here. I love it. It’s like I was built for this,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

We need to help our own people.

It seems the Gov't has the money for illegals to go to college but not enough to help out our own people. Disgraceful.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Re: We need to help our own people.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    It seems the Gov't has the money for illegals to go to college but not enough to help out our own people. Disgraceful.
    my thought exactly ELE