Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hillary Clinton's name to be placed in nomination

Hillary Clinton's name to be placed in nomination

By LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writer 14 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Democrats say Hillary Rodham Clinton's name will be placed in nomination at the convention in Denver with a roll call for the vanquished rival of nominee-in-waiting Barack Obama.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The party will officially nominate Obama at the convention. But Democrats familiar with the discussions say the former rivals made a joint decision to place Clinton's name in nomination and do a traditional role call of the state delegations.

Details and mechanics of how that will happen still are being worked out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080814/ap_ ... nton_obama
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

That woman keeps turning up like a Bad Penny!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Who didn't see this coming?
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

They just can't let her go, can they?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This may cause even more division in the Dem party, as we already have seen in the Rep and Dem parties. This could be very good news for Baldwin!!!!
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

The voters spoke that they preferred Obama, and I was under the impression that those are the votes that should be taken to the convention by pledged delegates. I only think that Bill & Hill have really been working those super-delegates who can probably throw the whole thing into the lap of the Supreme Court again.

yep and one of Obama's super delegates was murdered last night in Arkansas.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    The voters spoke that they preferred Obama, and I was under the impression that those are the votes that should be taken to the convention by pledged delegates. I only think that Bill & Hill have really been working those super-delegates who can probably throw the whole thing into the lap of the Supreme Court again.
    The voters were pretty much equally divided I thought. The superdelegate put Obama over the top. Then I heard 9 superdelegates have left Obama, so it's still a crap shoot. Should be good.
    "

Now...if we can just get McCain to step down....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

From what I heard this evening from one of the political pundits, either on CNN or MSNBC, the GOP is not too happy with their presidential candidate. I would not blame them, even though he has been touted as being more comfortable in a town-meeting settings rather than formal debates, which would make any campaign advisor pull their hair out when he bumbles a lot trying to be cute, i.e., the bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran.