Are you talkin' to me? - Hollywood Conservatives speak up with new website
Add a Comment
January 6, 3:32 PM
by Dominic Patten, Pop Culture Examiner

After trolling the web for years as a mini-Matt Drudge, portal purveyor Andrew Breitbart launched his take on Tinseltown today with Big Hollywood.
http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/

Right off the bat, pun totally intended, I have to say I think his premise is correct.

As conservative as the town itself actually is - Hartford, Connecticut on the West Coast is the best way to describe the real Beverly Hills - there aren’t a lot of conservatives making a lot of noise in the entertainment capital.

On the other end of the spectrum, you can pretty much rake in a ton of dough and get a ton of stars, especially Alex Baldwin who'll pretty much show up for the opening of a fridge, for any old "progressive" cause you can think of in LA if you want.

Hollywood is the capitol of the loony and limousine left, and many of them are also some of the biggest and most powerful people in the entertainment business.

So, Breitbart's premise is strong and timely. Unfortunately, his execution is very weak. Now, maybe it's just opening night glitches but I'm just not seeing it up there on the screen so to speak.

With a slew of contributors from FoxNews' Greg Gutfeld, who hosts the cable channel's late night Red Eye, to ... well, a bunch of badly photographed people I'd never heard of before, Big Hollywood is still small scale.

I'm sure Congressman Thaddeus McCotter of Michigan, who calls on Hollywood conservatives to come out to play, has leading man written all over him and I just can't see it, but if you want the heartland to take on the crazies in California why not go large? I mean to the second largest state in the union and get Governor Sarah Palin to write in Hollywood.

Click here for Dominic Patten on Sarah Palin’s 2012 bid for the White House.

Having Palin posting for New Hollywood would have created a splash, a big Alaska whale watching splash! Also, let's be honest, after the ribbing she took from Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live this year, it's not like the Governor doesn't have a thing or two to actually say about the entertainment industry.

Big Hollywood decided to go low key.

You wanna go big on Hollywood, my Right-leaning friends? Two things. First, remember it's where Ronald Reagan, the icon of all conservatives, got his start, so show a bit of finesse. Second, Hollywood is a hierarchical town so don't bring the D-listers to an A-team event.

http://tinyurl.com/9gmflt