Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Homeless Man Dies After Being Brutally Beaten by Five Fuller

I think this might be an update to a link brought over a few days ago but I can't find so I put it in this one there pictures and video at the link below

Homeless Man Dies After Being Brutally Beaten by Five Fullerton Cops

Mike Riggs | July 29, 2011

Kelly Thomas' father, a retired Orange County police officer, did not recognize his own son when he went watch him die at the UC Irvine Medical Center after police beat him into a coma on July 5. The officers were responding to a call about vandalized cars when they found Thomas, a homeless schizophrenic, and attempted to search him. Thomas' father says his son may have been off his meds, which would explain why he resisted arrest. Nothing explains the gang-style murder committed by Fullerton cops.

The top photo was taken at the hospital before Thomas died. The bottom photo is what Kelly Thomas looked like before he was brutalized.

Here's Carlos Miller (to whom I owe a furious and heartbroken hat tip) on the incident:

Kelly Thomas, a 37-year-old homeless man with schizophrenia, kept calling for his father as police beat and tased him repeatedly.

But his father, a retired Orange County sheriff’s deputy, was not around.

It wasn't until after Thomas slipped into a coma and was hospitalized with multiple injures that his father saw him.

And by then, it was too late. Thomas never recovered. The 135-pound man died five days after his run-in with Fullerton police.

Here's the L.A. Times:

Thomas’ father, a retired Orange County sheriff’s deputy, has asserted that officers used excessive force to subdue his son, who was unarmed, slight and of medium height.

After seeing his son's injuries and talking with witnesses, Thomas told the Register his son "was brutally beaten to death."

"When I first walked into the hospital, I looked at what his mother described as my son ... I didn't recognize him," Thomas said. "This is cold-blooded, aggravated murder."

Thomas, citing witnesses, said officers hit his son with the butts of flashlights even after he stopped moving.

He said his son was probably off his medication and didn't understand officers' commands.

A spokesman for the Orange County Coroner's office declined to discuss the case but said an autopsy of Thomas had been completed and the results forwarded to investigators.

Witnesses are asked to call Stan Berry, an investigator with the Orange County district attorney’s office, at (714) 347-8813.

Here's the video, which is mostly audio, but no less disgusting, nauseating, and heart-breaking for its lack of visuals:

http://reason.com/blog/2011/07/29/homel ... fter-being

Banned
    Big men it takes 5 to take down one homeless man.If this was my son id be hunting 5 cops.You would then reading my story.

I posted at the other link that does have the picture but my stance is the same. With 5 cops, there could not have been any need for this homeless man - epecially given his small stature and weight - to have been beaten to so viciously to death, even if he did resist, use foul language or threats.

Do people on drugs (or off) often need more strength to subdue them? Yes, but this is beyond belief. It's like these cops - again 5 to 1 - became rabid animals and could not stop once they started...? I really hope they get prison time for this. This kind of way-over-the-top action is more than just a little criminal.

I sure don't want these cops to get away with this kind of behavior which will encourage them to do it again or others to do the same.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Quote Originally Posted by forest
    I posted at the other link that does have the picture but my stance is the same. With 5 cops, there could not have been any need for this homeless man - epecially given his small stature and weight - to have been beaten to so viciously to death, even if he did resist, use foul language or threats.

Do people on drugs (or off) often need more strength to subdue them? Yes, but this is beyond belief. It's like these cops - again 5 to 1 - became rabid animals and could not stop once they started...? I really hope they get prison time for this. This kind of way-over-the-top action is more than just a little criminal.

I sure don't want these cops to get away with this kind of behavior which will encourage them to do it again or others to do the same.
    I have never heard of any cops that have used questionable tactics getting anything but a justified ruling. Maybe this time it will be different...but I somehow have very little faith in it.

Quote Originally Posted by kathyet
    Quote Originally Posted by forest

I have never heard of any cops that have used questionable tactics getting anything but a justified ruling. Maybe this time it will be different...but I somehow have very little faith in it.
    Maybe this time it will be different....not much faith here either... but if it was an illegal alien (especially a hispanic) these cops would more than likely get their due. Ironic, isn't it....
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    Big men it takes 5 to take down one homeless man.If this was my son id be hunting 5 cops.You would then reading my story.
    ======================================

This homeless man obviously was a terrorist about to end the lives of countless Americans.

This police brutality will only get much worse with more and more Americans losing their jobs and this depression will make the last one look like a candy store.

Our Republic is quickly turning into a police state.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Thank you George W. Bush.
    Your right HAP.With things like they are its getting worse.But i think now we getting a different breed of cops,most like the prestege of having power and use it.

Our government holds hearings to make sure Muslims aren't discriminated against, but this type of thing doesn't get a second glance from our representatives.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am so angry and I think that all 5 should be charged with murder. Where is the Grand Jury?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    I am so angry and I think that all 5 should be charged with murder. Where is the Grand Jury?
    Probably get a jury lke Casey Anthony.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast