Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hospital Nurse Gets Nearly 3 Yrs in Prison for ID Theft

http://www.heraldsun.com/state/6-744816.html

Hospital nurse gets nearly 3 years in prison for identity theft
    Jun 16, 2006 : 10:33 am ET

* I'm confused. Why does this woman have to pay restitution and go to prison for 2 years, WHILE ILLEGAL ALIENS ARE DOING THIS EVERY DAY AND THE SENATE WANTS TO FORGIVE THEM?!

GREENSBORO, N.C. -- A former hospital nurse accused of running up $60,000 in credit card bills with the stolen identities of a dozen patients has been sentenced to nearly three years in federal prison.

During her sentencing, Susan Pugh White, 53, expressed remorse for the crimes but said she didn't remember buying the items.

"I did not realize at that time what I was doing," White told U.S. District Judge William Osteen.

White was a diabetes education nurse for Randolph Hospital in Asheboro between 2001 and 2004.

She took names, birth dates and Social Security numbers from patient charts, said hospital spokeswoman April Thornton. Investigators say she created fake documents such as driver's licenses and Social Security cards and used those to obtain credit cards. They said they found records for at least a dozen other people when they searched her home.

Between September 2004 and March 2005, White bought items including a lawn mower and a large-screen television using the fraudulently obtained cards, investigators said. Surveillance tapes showed her wearing disguises to make her look fat or thin or varying her hair color, said Randolph County Sheriff's Lt. Aundrea Azelton.

White was accused of aggravated identity theft and disclosing patient information for personal gain. She pleaded guilty in March as part of a deal with prosecutors.

She was sentenced to 2 years and 10 months in prison and ordered to pay $30,385.14 in restitution.

Randolph Hospital no longer uses patients' Social Security numbers on their charts, Thornton said.

------
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

* I'm confused. Why does this woman have to pay restitution and go to prison for 2 years, WHILE ILLEGAL ALIENS ARE DOING THIS EVERY DAY AND THE SENATE WANTS TO FORGIVE THEM?!
    Ah yes.....one of the many mysteries of life.....

Defies all logic and reason. But their "special".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Randolph Hospital no longer uses patients' Social Security numbers on their charts, Thornton said.
    Good idea.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

illegals have immunity -- citizens don't
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I know this woman is a thief and deserves her sentence but....

We need a poster child to prove the point that illegals get away with this every day and much worse and suffer no consequences of their actions and yet an American citizen has to pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    I know this woman is a thief and deserves her sentence but....

We need a poster child to prove the point that illegals get away with this every day and much worse and suffer no consequences of their actions and yet an American citizen has to pay the price.
    I always say the Lord works in mysterious ways -- while she is guilty, she is not more guilty than illegals stealing the identity of the American people, but nonetheless, the Senate wants to grant them amnesty -- do you think they would grant her amnesty?
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"