Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

House Leaders Work to Alleviate 11th-Hour Medicare Concerns

House Leaders Work to Alleviate 11th-Hour Medicare Concerns

By Nicole Gaouette and James Rowley

March 19 (Bloomberg) -- House Democratic leaders worked to defuse an 11th-hour rebellion by more than a dozen lawmakers angry that hard-fought increases in Medicare reimbursements for local hospitals were removed from health-care legislation.

The lawmakers’ concern arose after House leaders released the latest version of legislation to overhaul the U.S. health- care system. House leaders are pushing for a March 21 vote on changes to Senate-passed legislation. Left unchanged is Senate language that these lawmakers say won’t go far enough to ease geographic disparities in Medicare reimbursements.

Such a provision was included in House-passed legislation to win votes of lawmakers who say hospitals in their districts would be paid less than other facilities for the same services.

“My state is getting screwed,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Medicare is bankrupt.
    Baby Boomers will join the program by the millions over the next few years, adding to the fiscal difficulties.
    The HC bill takes over $500 billion from the Medicare program.

Don't know about you folks, but if my pockets are empty, my pockets are empty. I can't get money out of them. Congress must have some kind of magic money machine if they think this bill will not demolish Medicare.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)