Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

House votes to override Bush Medicare veto

House votes to override Bush Medicare veto
    Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:53pm EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives on Tuesday voted to override President George W. Bush's veto of a Medicare bill that would cancel a scheduled 11 percent pay cut to doctors who treat patients in the health care program for the elderly.

The House voted 383-41 to overturn Bush's action, just hours after he vetoed the legislation. The Senate also was expected to override the veto later on Tuesday.

Under the bill, the costs to the government of canceling the doctor pay cut would be offset with about $13 billion in reimbursement reductions to insurers such as UnitedHealth Group Inc. and Aetna Inc., which contract with the Medicare program.

(Reporting by Richard Cowan, editing by David Alexander)

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssHeal ... 9820080715
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good bye first world medical care, hello fems,libs and foreighners .

Use to be we had the best medical care in the world . Even the poor or down and out could go to clinics where interns would give care at reduced price . The interns got to practice medicine 'under supervision ' and the patiants got fairly good healthcare .

Now getting into a clinic takes months . And once in, you sit for hours waiting for all the immigrants to be interpreted to dr.s. Plus half the new dr.s don't speak english that good either .

I go to a clinic and I see several families there . They speak Ukrane, Russian, Arabic and lots of asian and spanish . And allways make it a family affair with at least a couple kids. I have to pay a small fee, they get it all free . I have to buy my scrips, they get them free. I'm not complaining that I have to pay some, but they don't don't ! It is a teaching hosital clinic and all d.s are interns . Thats ok too , but they are all taught in these universities, Americans bad, immigrants good .

Like Those two actors Brad and Angelena Pitt who adopt kids in other nations while the children in the nation that made the liberal fools rich sit in orphanages . It's a mental illness called liberalism and it's contagious and deadly . " Look at me I'm so wonderful " . Jolie is also ambassador to UN .

A nurse friend of mine said once in the operating room a new foreign dr. didn't understand the dr. and put too much medicine in the drip and the mans blood shot all the way to the operating room doors . She said it almost killed the patiant and they were all in shock, including the dr.

How many Dr.Smiths ,Thompson, Wilson, Danial do you see ?

Moving from General Discussion to Other Topics.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ANGELINA AND BRAD ARE MEMBERS OF THE CFR