Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

How America Became A Communist Nation

How America Became A Communist Nation

February 4, 2011
    by Porter Stansberry

The root of the problem the world is facing right now isn’t really governments… or banks. The real problem is simply a very bad idea — the idea that the State ought to sit in the center of society. Let me explain…

The last 100 years (since 1914) saw not only the end of the classic gold standard, but also the fantastic ascendancy of the nation-state.

These two trends are inherently and dangerously related.

Until World War I, the central government of the United States, for example, played a small role in the lives of its citizens. Its powers were strictly limited, as were its revenues. It was specifically barred from taxing citizens directly. It was a humble government that interacted with the individual states in the union, but didn’t interact much with individual citizens.

The first signs of change came after the Civil War. "Progressive" ideas began to emerge. Most of these ideas came from Germany, from philosophers like Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. The core of these ideas was that the State itself was superior to its citizens. Therefore, the argument went, society ought to be organized to better accomplish the goals of the State.

Today, most Americans have no idea that the foundations of our modern State are based — nearly verbatim — on the demands of Marx’s Communist Manifesto.

In 1848, Marx threatened to organize a worker’s revolution unless European governments:

1. Abolished property rights and applied all rents towards public purposes.

[Modern corollary: Don't pay your property taxes, lose your house. So who really owns your house?]

2. Levied a heavy, progressive income tax to equalize wages.

[Modern corollary: Combined Federal and State marginal income and payroll taxes approach (or surpass) 50 percent in many U.S. states.]

3. Abolished all rights of inheritance.

[Modern corollary: The estate tax.]

4. Confiscated the property of all emigrants.

[Modern corollary: The 2008 "Hero's Act," which forces people leaving the U.S. to pay the equivalent of their estate taxes on the global assets before they turn in their passports.]

5. Centralized access to credit in the hands of the State by means of a national bank and an exclusive monopoly.

[Modern corollary: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which make more than 90 percent of all of the mortgages in the U.S. and have dominated the market for mortgages for decades.]

6. Centralized the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.

[Modern corollary: AT&T was a legal monopoly for decades. AMTRAK is a ward of the states. The government owns all the roads. And the State controls all air traffic.]

7. Provided free education for all children in public schools.

[Note the emphasis on public schools. Paying for education isn't enough. What counts is indoctrinating the kids in glorifying the State.]

8. Produced a common agricultural policy to maximize the productivity of the land.

[Modern corollary: Massive ethanol and agricultural subsidies.]

Most people in democracies like these ideas for one simple reason: They hold the allure of getting something for nothing. They are the siren song of living at the expense of your neighbor.

These ideas became extremely popular over the last 100 years all around the world. As a result, as democracy spread, so did these ideas. Politicians of each party and persuasion throughout the Western world quickly adopted them as their own (and never mentioned Marx).

As these ideas took hold, one big problem developed… How do you pay for them?

Progressive politicians believed they had the answer. They just took Marx’s big innovation: A progressive income tax. Let the rich pay!

It’s a popular idea — but it never works because decisions to add more benefits don’t take into account the expense of paying for them. It doesn’t take long for the budget to get out of control. Or said another way, everyone can’t live at the expense of his neighbor. His neighbor can’t afford it… and he moves.

More serious, the flaw in communism is obvious. Communism doesn’t account for the fact that people expect to control the fruits of their labor. People don’t like their assets being stolen and their wages being heavily taxed by a government that regulates their businesses and sends their children off to war. Incrementally, people stop working. Wealthy people flee… or hide their incomes.

Tax revenues fail to meet projections. Deficits grow. Deficit spending soars. And debts mount.

That’s where paper money comes in. Paper money isn’t only good for financing a war. It’s also perfect for closing the gap between what an economy ought to produce and its paltry real production when it has been beaten into submission by communist ideas. I like to explain it this way…

The central truth of economics is scarcity. There can never be enough of anything to satisfy everyone. The central truth of politics is patronage: Promising to give everything to everyone. Paper money is the bridge between economics and politics.

The unpaid debts of an entire generation of people in Western countries are coming due. The so-called "baby boomers" grew up in a world dominated by Marxism and Keynesian economics. These are bad ideas. They are destined to collapse.

And the collapse is here.

Regards,

Porter Stansberry

–Porter Stansberry with Braden Copeland

P.S. To learn more about America’s push to Communism, please click here. http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1 ... PSIM207/PR

http://www.personalliberty.com/conserva ... 02_04_PLA_[PI110204]&rrid=238434262
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

comunist Democrats

With Obama and the Democrats.

We have two large problems in America a corrupt government and over the top greed from large business the two combined have basically destroyed the middle class. While as a conservative I'm all for making money however it cannot be at the expense of our country.

I'm not sure how the problems can be solved and while it may sound corny/religious there must be a higher power involved to bring people too there senses to restore values, morals, standards only that way can capitalism survive otherwise we simply need to learn the term comrade.

Too many people fail to see these things, more concerned with buying the latest cell phone or other electronic gadget from China so the Chinese can purchase another rifle for there military. we are simply out of control and racing toward a cliff. Only Small solution I have is for American to rethink values, what and where they buy because the consumer can control the dollar but do we have the strength?
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Its hard to see how to fix these issues. First though we need to retake the Presidency and the congress with new people... none of the old POS who are happy with the status quo as long as they get there cut.

1. Then we need to reform the education system actually teaching economics and politics in school.
    2. Remove the entire social net as it just breeds stupidity.
    3. Pass A "News" regulation law that keeps the media from portraying a media biased and allows public lawsuits from individuals and organizations for portraying a pro one sided story and possibly even not covering hot topics.
    4. Pass law keeping Unions from supporting or protesting in any demonstration not directly connected to their field.
    5. Defund any ACLU and similiar groups who get money from the government and ban them from the same support or protests in politics. Allow lawsuits from people for racism unfair biased in their standings. Basically stay neutral or else.
    6. Time to reign in freedom of speech to not apply to hate speech against any race or about the hopeful death of any individual. Allow individual citizen lawsuits against groups and political groups who have members using such hate speech as well.
    7. Pass new laws for removal from office any public official including SC judges and public officials such as mayors or governors who may be voted in who are purposefully ignoring certain US laws.

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    We have two large problems in America a corrupt government and over the top greed from large business the two combined have basically destroyed the middle class. While as a conservative I'm all for making money however it cannot be at the expense of our country.

I'm not sure how the problems can be solved and while it may sound corny/religious there must be a higher power involved to bring people too there senses to restore values, morals, standards only that way can capitalism survive otherwise we simply need to learn the term comrade.

Too many people fail to see these things, more concerned with buying the latest cell phone or other electronic gadget from China so the Chinese can purchase another rifle for there military. we are simply out of control and racing toward a cliff. Only Small solution I have is for American to rethink values, what and where they buy because the consumer can control the dollar but do we have the strength?
    I agree. A buying frenzy pushed by our governments. There is NO NEED for all that STUFF out there.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

oldguy wrote,

Well said oldguy. You hit the nail squarely on the head.

Even what seems like big problems have simple solutions. Of course that does not mean that simple solutions are simply adopted.

The choices of each and every person adds up to show the ultimate cumulative effect. What we see is a result of the choices made by all of those individuals. To many people have bought into the idea of living like a rock star or a Hollywood harlot. (Throw your TV out the window and allow your children to use their imaginations and to think like individuals, and to understand life in a manner other than that of a sought after consumer. Cattle and hogs are great consumers, they do not think much, yet consume much,.....yet, ultimately they are CONSUMED!)

Your point about "the consumer can control the dollar" is at the crux of the matter. The problem is we need to have a manner in which not to only save but preserve the accumulated wealth in a manner that inflation does not erode the efforts of saving. Our economy has been set up, or evolved into a consumer based economy and inflationary erosion escalates or pushes the consumer to consume every more.

If we could ever learn how to control our spending habits, and savings habits, and keep at bay the inflation monster, society could begin to look toward a future worth working towards. Inflation robs our cities and towns, our society of decent living conditions.

Look back at some of the towns and cities of Europe or some of the earlier American homes, churches, city parks with ornate fountains and brick walks, stone construction. It still stands and tourist love to take pictures of the accumulated wealth of yesteryears.

Inflation robs society of wealth. Inflation is the dog chasing his tail.

If wealth were placed into a long lasting vehicle like a stone built home, or the type of Brownstone row homes in the cities of the east, and parks that would rival those of the past with newer energy saving features as opposed to these card board boxes that are being built, then wealth could be passed down to the next generation. Even some of the old sidewalks and streets paved with ballast stones are still around from centuries past. As of now we pass down DEBT! The chipboard construction and pre-fab techniques only assure more future debt as they will not stand for a hundred years or better. The inflationary effects will only continue to drive consumption to ever more cheaper and ?efficient? techniques that will not be worth passing down to the next generation or even last during the life cycle of one generation. Cheap goods(?) seldom have much quality built into them, thus turn to garbage,...ie, wealth consumed and thrown away.

My point is that inflation robs society of quality, quality is replaced with temporary desires that will fall apart or be thrown away.

We need to figure out how to pass something to the future generations other than our DEBTS and technologies that will enslave them.

JMOs

I was raised in a farmhouse built in 1734! How many homes being built today will last 250 years or better?

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy

Well stated oldguy.

To your question "do we have the strength?"

Oh my yes, we most certainly do. There is no stronger more sensible more reasoned more determined people on Earth, than the American People. Most of the things that have happened in our country that were not in our best interest were achieved either behind our backs, outside of our knowledge or directly against our informed consent.

Look at what's happening on the issue of illegal immigration. We have 15 states and maybe as many as 22 who are introducing and planning to pass state immigration laws like Arizona's. We have a Republican US House of Representatives committed to stopping birthright citizenship for children of illegal aliens, passing legislation that will unleash 800,000 state and local police officers to assist in enforcing US immigration law and other legislation proposals that would make E-verify available to every employer in the country and perhaps even making it mandatory. We have Sheriffs like Joe Arpaio using deputized citizens and posses to help enforce immigration laws in Maricopa County, the largest county by population in the state of Arizona.

I started working on this more than 5.5 years ago. Other citizens have been at it even longer, some in California have been working on this problem for decades. But the momentum is ours now, the truth is revealed, the costs and travesty exposed, the politicians held accountable and businesses hiring illegal aliens are clearly at their Alamo.

When the United States has almost 15 million unemployed Americans and illegal aliens are holding stead with 8 million jobs in our country, no one can hide the truth and no one can deny the facts any more, because they are indisputable.

Americans have brought this problem from something few wanted to talk or think about to the number one issue of both our day and our elections, Americans spending their own time and money to save the jobs and livelihoods of fellow Americans and doing so for years. We've been called every name in the book, they're tried to portray us as racists and extremists, when all we are are simple Americans who can count and when an illegal alien has a job in America, it means an American doesn't and when an illegal alien has a seat in a college, it means an American doesn't and when an illegal alien has both a job, a seat in a college and the chance for an even better job in the future, it means an American has nothing.

Americans have also been working dligently for more than a decade to end the mandated federal income tax on individuals and businesses and replace it with a national retail sales tax on consumption. The FairTax legislation was developed by citizens and has been pushed by grassroots citizens just like the grassroots citizens working to stop illegal immigration. I've worked on both issues as have many others. And the anti-FairTax lobby is just as powerful as the pro-illegal alien and open borders lobbies with just as many lies, just as many sob stories and just as much propaganda. But, despite all that just like illegal immigration, we now have a US House of Representatives that I believe will give the FairTax legislation now introduced for the 12th year in a row a fair committee hearing and a robust debate in the House Chamber, so that all Americans can hear both sides, decide whether or not they want it, and because I believe most will, they can use their knowledge to help push it through Congress and a signature by the President. It has 55 sponsors, 7 times more than Obama Care, with at least another 40 new members who ran on the FairTax platform, and so, I do believe Americans will opt to end the madness of the mandated income tax and replace it with a consumption tax on new products and services like the FairTax so we are free of the tyranny of income taxes so our employers and workers, savers and investors can do what they do best which is produce the highest quality of goods and services at the lowest possible cost here in America, that Americans want to buy.

Because of what Americans have been doing these past few years on their own to advance solutions to illegal immigration and mandated income taxation as well as several other important matters, I am so very confident in the strength, will and determination of my fellow citizens and believe without a doubt, we will be victorious in saving our nation from pending doom. But we must not quit. Everyone must keep working and ramp it up at every step of the way.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn