How The Far-Left Had A Meltdown Over The SCOTUS Ruling To Uphold Second Amendment Rights

By Michael Robison
Published June 25, 2022 at 9:30am
131 Comments

On Thursday, the Supreme Court issued a ruling that overturns a century-old law requiring citizens of New York to prove justifiable cause to carry a concealed weapon, a huge win for Second Amendment rights.
In his ruling, Justice Clarence Thomas said, “the Second and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual’s right to carry a handgun for self-defense outside the home.”
However, the reaction of the far-left who hold to anti-gun ownership ideals and fight to remove the rights protected under the Second Amendment has been fierce.
Here is a look at the response from anti-gun liberals across Twitter on Thursday.
Keith Olbermann said, “It has become necessary to dissolve the Supreme Court of the United States. The first step is for a state the “court” has now forced guns upon, to ignore this ruling.”

TRENDING: MUST SEE VIDEO: Day 1 of the Abortionist Insurrection - Democrat Leaders Lead Calls for Mass Violence, Violent Mobs Terrorize Communities, Crack Heads

Keith Olbermann
@KeithOlbermann
·
Follow

It has become necessary to dissolve the Supreme Court of the United States. The first step is for a state the "court" has now forced guns upon, to ignore this ruling.Great. You're a court? Why and how do think you can enforce your rulings?
#IgnoreTheCourt

10:47 AM · Jun 23, 2022

Olbermann didn’t stop there, he went on the curse the Justices, even calling Justice Amy Coney Barrett a mere “paralegal.” He said, “Also, f***Alito, Thomas, Roberts, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and the paralegal Coney Barrett.”

Piers Morgan spoke out saying, “America’s response to its recent mass shootings is to make it even easier for Americans to use guns. The 2nd Amendment is now being interpreted as a right to bear arms as part of an unregulated civilian militia.”

Piers Morgan
@piersmorgan
·
Follow

BREAKING: America’s response to its recent mass shootings is to make it even easier for Americans to use guns. The 2nd Amendment is now being interpreted as a right to bear arms as part of an unregulated civilian militia.

SCOTUSblog
@SCOTUSblog

The Supreme Court STRIKES DOWN a New York gun-control law that required people to show "proper cause" to get a license to carry a concealed handgun outside the home. The vote is 6-3. https://supremecourt.gov/opinions/21...-843_7j80.pdf…

10:51 AM · Jun 23, 2022

Keith Olbermann
@KeithOlbermann
·
Follow

Hey SCOTUS, send the SCOTUS army here to enforce your ruling, you House of Lords radicals pretending to be a court.

Keith Olbermann
@KeithOlbermann

It has become necessary to dissolve the Supreme Court of the United States. The first step is for a state the "court" has now forced guns upon, to ignore this ruling. Great. You're a court? Why and how do think you can enforce your rulings?#IgnoreTheCourt

10:55 AM · Jun 23, 2022

Failed political candidate Marianne Williamson said, “People will die because of this. And to be very clear, they’re not doing this to protect the 2nd Amendment. They’re doing it to protect the primacy of property rights. That’s why so many millions of $ were spent getting them onto the Court to begin with.”

Marianne Williamson
@marwilliamson
·
Follow

People will die because of this. And to be very clear, they’re not doing this to protect the 2nd Amendment. They’re doing it to protect the primacy of property rights. That’s why so many millions of $ were spent getting them onto the Court to begin with.

bbc.co.uk
Supreme Court reverses New York gun law
In a win for gun rights advocates, the Supreme Court has found that New York's 'proper clause' rules violate the US constitution

10:52 AM · Jun 23, 2022

Far-left contributor of Occupy Democrats, David Weissman, said, “The SCOTUS is a disgrace. Because God forbid we ask for proper cause requirements to own weapons. The 2nd amendment should be amended; I am sick of this bullshit.”

David Weissman
@davidmweissman
·
Follow

The SCOTUS is a disgrace. Because God forbid we ask for proper cause requirements to own weapons. The 2nd amendment should be amended, I am sick of this bullshit.

10:53 AM · Jun 23, 2022

New York Governor, Kathy Hochul, had much to say, including the following, “Let me be clear: This is New York. We don’t back down, we fight back. New York is still home to the strongest gun laws in the country & I’ll keep doing everything in my power to keep New Yorkers safe.”
In a press conference which followed, she stated her commitment to continuing to restrict the rights of gun owners in her state.

Governor Kathy Hochul
@GovKathyHochul
·
Follow

Let me be clear: This is New York. We don't back down, we fight back.New York is still home to the strongest gun laws in the country & I'll keep doing everything in my power to keep New Yorkers safe.

Watch on Twitter

12:49 PM · Jun 23, 2022

Actress Stephanie Mickus tied the day’s ruling to the then forthcoming Roe V Wade decision. She said, “The Supreme Court seems OBSESSED with wanting people to carry things (hidden weapons, fetuses they don’t want).”

After receiving pushback from her tweet, she then deleted the statement, replacing it with the following, “Ugh I wrote a joke about the SC conceal carry decision and some right wing pundit (Jack posobi*c) quote tweeted me and so I saw thousands of abusive replies from conservatives before 9am so send me twice as many of your puppy pics.”

CNN’s Ana Navarro-Cárdenas had this to say, “How tone-deaf to America’s very real gun violence epidemic can the majority in the Supreme Court be? This is a disgrace.”

Ana Navarro-Cárdenas
@ananavarro
·
Follow

How tone-deaf to America’s very real gun violence epidemic can the majority in the Supreme Court be? This is a disgrace.

10:41 AM · Jun 23, 2022

Trump family defector, Mary Trump, called for court-packing and called the Supreme Court corrupt. She said, “I’m not sure how much more evidence we need (although we’ll be getting more soon) that this Supreme Court is thoroughly corrupt and more justices must be added in order to counter the insanity of the Alito/Thomas majority.”

Mary L Trump
@MaryLTrump
·
Follow

I'm not sure how much more evidence we need (although we'll be getting more soon) that this Supreme Court is thoroughly corrupt and more justices must be added in order to counter the insanity of the Alito/Thomas majority.
#ExpandSCOTUS

10:55 AM · Jun 23, 2022

Activist and founder of March For Our Lives, David Hogg, said the lives of all Americans are in danger as a result, specifically the Justices! He said, “Not only does today’s ruling endanger the American people, it also endangers the lives of the justices themselves. Unlike the justices however- the American people do not have the privilege of Congress immediately acting to protect them.”
Hogg went on to call for protests at courthouses around the nation to speak out against the ruling.

David Hogg
@davidhogg111
·
Follow

ATTENTION ITS TIME TO MOBILIZE We need Americans from across the country to join us- Mass call tonight at 7pm ET, rallies tomorrow at 6pm ET at federal courthouses across the country. Visit http://marchforourlives.com to join one, or to help organize one in your community.

Watch on Twitter
1:15 PM · Jun 23, 2022

California Governor Gavin Newsom called it a “dark day” in America. He went on to say, “This is a dangerous decision from a court hell bent on pushing a radical ideological agenda and infringing on the rights of states to protect our citizens from being gunned down in our streets, schools, and churches.”

Gavin Newsom
@GavinNewsom
·
Follow

A dark day in America. This is a dangerous decision from a court hell bent on pushing a radical ideological agenda and infringing on the rights of states to protect our citizens from being gunned down in our streets, schools, and churches. Shameful.

11:27 AM · Jun 23, 2022

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse from Rhode Island accused the court of being paid by lobbyist to secure the specific ruling, saying, “SCOTUS gun decision is out and gave the gun lobby just what it paid for when its dark money stacked the Court.”

Sheldon Whitehouse
@SenWhitehouse
·
Follow

SCOTUS gun decision is out and gave the gun lobby just what it paid for when its dark money stacked the Court.

10:52 AM · Jun 23, 2022

New York Mayor Eric Adams went a step further than just about anyone else, he blatantly called for New Yorkers to ignore the ruling and carry on as if it were not decided by the Supreme Court. He said he would not allow New York City to become, what is all reality it has already become, the “Wild Wild West.”

Daily Wire
@realDailyWire

·
Follow

NYC Mayor Eric Adams responds to today's SCOTUS decision: "Nothing changes today...we cannot allow New York to become the wild, wild west."

Watch on Twitter

4:05 PM · Jun 23, 2022

Clearly, the left is not in support of the Second Amendment, and they certainly are looking out for your protection under the constitution. Instead, they prefer a nation ruled by decree and the ruling elite.
How The Far-Left Had A Meltdown Over The SCOTUS Ruling To Uphold Second Amendment Rights (thegatewaypundit.com)