Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

How To Get Americans Working Again--4 simple steps

My Snap Answer To Mort Zuckerman

By Nancy Morgan
    Monday, January 25, 2010

Mort Zukerman, editor-in-chief of US News and World Report, in his article, How To Get Americans Working Again opines that there is no snap answer as to how accelerate job growth. He is wrong.

I’m not an intellectual, nor a PhD., nor have I ever labeled myself an expert, but do have a snap answer to his seemingly perplexing question. An answer that is guaranteed to lower the unemployment rate, kick start the jobs market and get the economy on track again. In four simple steps:

1. Cut capital tax gains and voila, people start investing, selling, freeing up income in the private sector which businesses can use to hire.
    2. Kill and bury current health care reform. No one will hire until they know the costs.
    3. Cut corporate tax rates across the board. The economy will rebound in about 10 seconds. And state and government coffers will receive massive infusions of new tax dollars.
    4. Get rid of minimum wage laws and let the market function and prosper as is has done for centuries.

Wrap your mind around that, Mort, and tell me where I’m wrong. Please try to couch your answer in terms I’ll understand and I’m not as smart as you.

I am smart enough, however, to still have the common sense God gave me. A common sense that is sorely lacking in any of these phony job summits and speeches that Obama is currently engaged in.
    Obama’s ‘solutions’ are a recipe for disaster

I hear lots of pretty words from Obama, but his actions speak louder than his PR spin. And his actions have me scared because every single step he has taken in the past year has plunged the economy deeper into recession. From letting the Bush tax cuts to expire, to his war on banks, to his quadrupling of the deficit. I could go on…

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Yet every single proposal and/or supposed ‘solution’ issuing out of the Obama White House are policies that have failed in the past and are failing now. Obama’s solution: More of the same.

I don’t need to be a PhD. to know that Obama’s ‘solutions’ are a recipe for disaster. Yet I seem to be the only one asking the question: Is Obama intentionally trying to destroy the economy? Or is he just acting on blind ideology and a supreme case of hubris? Either way, the results are the same. Failure. That you and I end up paying for. Again.

Obama, man of action that he is, has authorized yet another commission to study the job market, or something. The only jobs created will be the bureaucrats toiling to reconcile the growing disconnect between leftist theory and virtual reality. And we will keep losing jobs. And Obama will continue to make it worse by attacking the banks, undermining the dollar and putting America on the path to bankruptcy.

I have a suggestion. For a mere $100,000, I will issue the four easy steps to beat the recession I listed above to the big mucky-mucks surrounding Obama. No-one can claim that those 4 steps won’t immediately cure what the Obama administration seems to regards as a perplexing and unsolvable issue.

Which begs the question: Are Obama and his advisors so ignorant of the lessons of history that they are merely idealistic intellectuals educated beyond their intelligence? Or could they have another objective in all this? Stupid or devious? Enquiring minds want to know.

With the old media still framing the debate, the media elite will continue to inform we the people that snap answers and clear solutions are somehow unavailable. The ‘experts’ know best. Well folks, based on the events of the past year, we know the ‘experts’ don’t know their backsides from their spin - so why are we still listening to them?

Why are we allowing them to sow the seeds of class envy? Why have we allowed them to define the problem as ‘greedy rich people?’ When, by the way, is the last time a poor man gave you a job?

Lest we forget, government doesn’t create jobs. People create jobs. And I am curious as to why Obama is throwing every road-block he can in the way of economic recovery? Do you have a snap answer for that, Mort?

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/19361
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: How To Get Americans Working Again--4 simple steps

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7

My Snap Answer To Mort Zuckerman

By Nancy Morgan
    Monday, January 25, 2010

Mort Zukerman, editor-in-chief of US News and World Report, in his article, How To Get Americans Working Again opines that there is no snap answer as to how accelerate job growth. He is wrong.

I’m not an intellectual, nor a PhD., nor have I ever labeled myself an expert, but do have a snap answer to his seemingly perplexing question. An answer that is guaranteed to lower the unemployment rate, kick start the jobs market and get the economy on track again. In four simple steps:

1. Cut capital tax gains and voila, people start investing, selling, freeing up income in the private sector which businesses can use to hire.
    2. Kill and bury current health care reform. No one will hire until they know the costs.
    3. Cut corporate tax rates across the board. The economy will rebound in about 10 seconds. And state and government coffers will receive massive infusions of new tax dollars.
    4. Get rid of minimum wage laws and let the market function and prosper as is has done for centuries.

Wrap your mind around that, Mort, and tell me where I’m wrong. Please try to couch your answer in terms I’ll understand and I’m not as smart as you.

I am smart enough, however, to still have the common sense God gave me. A common sense that is sorely lacking in any of these phony job summits and speeches that Obama is currently engaged in.
    Obama’s ‘solutions’ are a recipe for disaster

I hear lots of pretty words from Obama, but his actions speak louder than his PR spin. And his actions have me scared because every single step he has taken in the past year has plunged the economy deeper into recession. From letting the Bush tax cuts to expire, to his war on banks, to his quadrupling of the deficit. I could go on…

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Yet every single proposal and/or supposed ‘solution’ issuing out of the Obama White House are policies that have failed in the past and are failing now. Obama’s solution: More of the same.

I don’t need to be a PhD. to know that Obama’s ‘solutions’ are a recipe for disaster. Yet I seem to be the only one asking the question: Is Obama intentionally trying to destroy the economy? Or is he just acting on blind ideology and a supreme case of hubris? Either way, the results are the same. Failure. That you and I end up paying for. Again.

Obama, man of action that he is, has authorized yet another commission to study the job market, or something. The only jobs created will be the bureaucrats toiling to reconcile the growing disconnect between leftist theory and virtual reality. And we will keep losing jobs. And Obama will continue to make it worse by attacking the banks, undermining the dollar and putting America on the path to bankruptcy.

I have a suggestion. For a mere $100,000, I will issue the four easy steps to beat the recession I listed above to the big mucky-mucks surrounding Obama. No-one can claim that those 4 steps won’t immediately cure what the Obama administration seems to regards as a perplexing and unsolvable issue.

Which begs the question: Are Obama and his advisors so ignorant of the lessons of history that they are merely idealistic intellectuals educated beyond their intelligence? Or could they have another objective in all this? Stupid or devious? Enquiring minds want to know.

With the old media still framing the debate, the media elite will continue to inform we the people that snap answers and clear solutions are somehow unavailable. The ‘experts’ know best. Well folks, based on the events of the past year, we know the ‘experts’ don’t know their backsides from their spin - so why are we still listening to them?

Why are we allowing them to sow the seeds of class envy? Why have we allowed them to define the problem as ‘greedy rich people?’ When, by the way, is the last time a poor man gave you a job?

Lest we forget, government doesn’t create jobs. People create jobs. And I am curious as to why Obama is throwing every road-block he can in the way of economic recovery? Do you have a snap answer for that, Mort?

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/19361
    Dear Nancy,

Here's where you're wrong.

1. There's nothing at all wrong with eliminating capital gains taxes. That's a great idea. But why stop with capital gains taxes? Why not eliminate all income-based taxation and replace it with a consumption tax on new goods and services? Why stop with the smaller amount of capital gains taxes when the individual and corporate income tax is the big banana? Perhaps you didn't know about the FairTax, HB 25 in the US House of Representatives and SB 296 in the US Senate with 63 Congressional Sponsors when at its hey-day ObamaCare only had ... 8 sponsors.

2. Kill the Health Care Bill ... terrific idea and I support this one 100%. But, go a step farther and urge passage of the FairTax bill mentioned above, because it will generate on average for the median household in America an additional $16,440 per family earning between $50,000 to $60,000 a year, which means they'll be able to purchase a basic health care plan if their employer doesn't offer one and since corporations and businesses are freed up from all income tax, they'll have greater retained earnings enabling those who can't afford to provide now would be able to.

3. I support cutting corporate taxes across the board, but why stop with just cutting them? ELIMINATE them entirely by passing the FairTax.

4. I totally oppose getting rid of minimum wages. Do you not understand that minimum wages today even at their new adjusted rates for 10 years of inflation these workers were never paid enough wages to cover ARE STILL eligible for government welfare assistance because they can't live on their wages at the rates they are now? Don't you have the sense to know that when our labor market is flooded with more workers than jobs, that wages are so deflated the workers can't live on their salaries which means they can't pay their rent, buy their gas, feed their kids, buy their clothes or keep utilities on in the home and as result of your stupidity and the stupidity of others like you, we have created a $600 billion federal welfare program where over half of the households using these programs to make ends meet have at least 1 adult working in the home but at wages too low for this home to be self-sustaining?

The Republican Party is responsible for the establishment of a minimum wage, 40 hour work week and automatic over-time along with numerous other workers rights, conditions and wage legislations over the years, because employers wanted to underpay their workers and pawn the rest of the needed subsistence off on taxpayers, which Republicans traditionally oppose, because we think and believe that employers swhould pay the wages needed to sustain workers, not the government. That's because we believe in free enterprise (you pay your workers), limited government (that pays for needed government, not subsidies for private sector workers), and low taxes (which aren't possible if employers aren't paying their workers enough to live on). Duh.

No change to the minimum wages except to ensure they rise with inflation. If you want to hire a low wage illegal alien, then move your ass and your business to Mexico and hire him there, but don't expect to sell your products and services in the US market, if you do.

We don't seek a slave wage economy, Nancy, that's not what the United States is about and that's not what our people need. We settled that slavery score in 1865, and our people need the good jobs that stem from an income-driven production-based economy, so wake up and get with the program, Girl! Geez!!

www.fairtax.org

Here are the 5 Real Simple Steps to Fix Our Economy and Get Americans Working Again:

1. stop illegal immigration
    2. pass the FairTax
    3. protect our trade
    4. legalize/regulate/tax under 2 the illegal drug trade
    5. drill baby drill

It couldn't be simpler to solve the jobs problem in America.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn