Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

How the West was REALLY won: 19th century photographs

How the West was REALLY won: Early settlers on the coach to Deadwood and in pow-wows with the natives revealed in 19th century photographs

By Tom Leonard
    Last updated at 12:48 AM on 8th March 2011

Photos at the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... icans.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    these photos are just amazing
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you for putting that up.
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law

"You sure find some really cool stuff Sapper!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Glorious San Diego, and I intend on keeping it that way!!!

Re: How the West was REALLY won: 19th century photographs

[quote="AirborneSapper7"]How the West was REALLY won: Early settlers on the coach to Deadwood and in pow-wows with the natives revealed in 19th century photographs

Thanks for sharing those incredible photos AbS7 !! That was the true spirit of the United States. Unfortunately, for the past 25 years, if foreigners had applied for citizenship legally, we wouldn't be having this catastrophy of illegal invasion!! We are BROKEN and USED UP, such a dirty shame!!
    <div>"Diversified"*does NOT*mean invading*our Country and forcing their culture and language,**stealing jobs,*using fake ID',s, living on government benefits, and flying their flag over ours! </div>

More and more historical documents and pictures are being released to the public. It is great, as one traces their ancestors it becomes a trip into history.

The stories, the battles and experiences our ancestors had.

I was tracing my fathers ancestors and had read the military experiences and battles against the Indians by one of my g grandfathers. A week later I was researching my mothers ancestors and the story of once again another grandfather - Chief Old Corn Tassel - killed under the truce flag. As I continued to read it hit me right in the heart that this grandfather had been killed by the same outfit that my other grandfather had served in, the same battle I had previously read about. I thought how ironic that I carry both of their DNA.

Banned
    Awsome reality check.. History in these pictures. Priceless.

working4change
    Enjoyed looking at these AB Thanks for posting

Thanks for the post and great pics
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I'm trying to plan a trip back to S. Dakota. My great grandparents had a small farm there in a VERY small town by the name of Winfred. I looked up the stats for that town - there are under 500 people and nine of them are hispanic. There are 4 or 5 more women in the town than men!

There are several things in the dakota's I'd like to see and have not been there since the middle 70's....Thanks for posting the great pictures. Made me with I could step back in time...