Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HUGE Anti-US Protests Across Pakistan

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > U.S. & WORLD
    More Than 10,000 Protest Bush's Arrival Across Pakistan
    Friday, March 03, 2006

PHOTOS VIDEO

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Anti-U.S. protests erupted across Pakistan on Friday, with crowds burning American flags, chanting "Death to Bush" and scuffling with police shortly before the U.S. president was to arrive for a two-day visit.

Police in the southern city of Karachi used tear gas and batons to stop about 1,000 demonstrators from marching on the U.S. Consulate, witnesses said. The stone-throwing crowd came within 200 yards from the building.

Hundreds of police just outside the capital, Islamabad, swung batons as they dispersed about 1,000 protesters on a major road in the city of Rawalpindi, about five miles from where President Bush's plane was expected to land.

Some demonstrators chanted "Killer go back" and "Death to America" during the 30-minute protest. One protester had a bloody forehead, and police stuffed at least five others into a van, an AP photographer on the scene said.

The demonstrators were supporters of the Imamia Students Organization, a Shiite Muslim group. Some trampled on the U.S. flag, while others carried Bush portraits with his face crossed out in red.

In Chaman, a southwestern town on the Afghan border, between 4,000 and 5,000 people protested peacefully, according to an estimate by an Associated Press reporter. They shouted, "Go Back Bush! Bush, Dog!" and "God is Great!"

About 300 university students rallied in Islamabad, burning an effigy of Bush. Some carried signs that said, "Go back, go back big Satan Bush."

Javed Rahman, one of the protesters, said, "We are protesting against the coming of Bush because we hate him. He is the killer of so many innocent people, so many innocent Muslims."

About 1,000 Islamists also rallied in the southern city of Karachi, the country's largest city. They torched U.S. flags and chanted, "Pakistani nation wants head of Bush!"

Pakistan promised ironclad security for Bush's visit, with one official saying hundreds of army commandos and paramilitary troops would be patrolling the capital.

"We have made foolproof arrangements for the safe stay of President Bush and we do not think there will be any problem," said Brig. Javed Iqbal Cheema, a senior Interior Ministry official who also coordinates with U.S. authorities on counterterrorism issues.

A deadly explosion Thursday was a chilling reminder of the security risks in this volatile country. A suicide bomber rammed his car into an American diplomat's vehicle in the southern city of Karachi, killing the envoy and his Pakistani driver. A paramilitary guard and an unidentified woman also died and more than 50 were injured.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

QUOTE:
    They torched U.S. flags and chanted, "Pakistani nation wants head of Bush!"

President Bush, Would you like to join the "Protectionists" ? We, "Protectionists" aren't so bad afterall are we !?

Perhaps this trip to the Middle East will make you look at things a bit more clearly, President Bush.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

QUOTE:
    They torched U.S. flags and chanted, "Pakistani nation wants head of Bush!"

President Bush, Would you like to join the "Protectionists" ? We, "Protectionists" aren't so bad afterall are we !?

Perhaps this trip to the Middle East will make you look at things a bit more clearly, President Bush.

I saw some protests already started yesterday. And if something happens to him over there, will be attack yet another country to get a world war going? Why does he think he needs to go abroad knowing that the people hate him anyway and knowing that there is so much that needs to be done here. I really resent my tax dollars paying for his trip but I hope it scares the living hell out of him!

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    I saw some protests already started yesterday. And if something happens to him over there, will be attack yet another country to get a world war going? Why does he think he needs to go abroad knowing that the people hate him anyway and knowing that there is so much that needs to be done here. I really resent my tax dollars paying for his trip but I hope it scares the living hell out of him!
    I'm sick of it too. There is no need to be taking all of these trips to foreign countries wasting our tax dollars when so much needs to be done. We need real leadership in Washington, not paid whores for foreign/corporate interests. Bush goes to all these countries where the people hate him anyway because he's an arrogant SOB who's trying to thumb his nose at the world. The guy is so insane that he thinks he's emperor of the world. I'm tired of paying for all of this.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

yeah -hipprocrites- although they dont have that concept in the middle-east-
    why- cause when they had the big earthquake - last fall in the mountains -- in Packistan- the president of Packistan went public about how racist and discrimination it was that the united states and the west wasnt giving them enough money -----
    and then we are allowing about 60,000 of these packitanis to immigrate here( but not the Irish)
    we are so bad-
    also wait, theres more! the turks - have just done a film that exposes the united states in Iraq-
    a bit much - considering their own (attempted) genocide of the Armenians in 1913 ( abouts) and that they continue to make it very difficult for the armenians to show any films about this subject in Turkey

listen Iam in a hurry at the library - am aware that I spelled packistan wrong

Hey y'all...hope y'all enjoy those mangoes now...

Cheers,
    RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones