Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DJ

Hunger in America

I just heard that one out of six Americans are going hungry. That is very unsettling, of course. Still, I'm wondering how many of those counted are illegals? If we are now counting anyone who is in the country as "Americans," then those numbers are going to be increasingly alarming, I fear. I want to know the truth. How many American CITIZENS are going hungry?? How can we help them without passing that help to those who don't belong here?

That sounds so mean to express it this way. I would be glad to help people in their own countries who are suffering, but I am very reluctant to give money to any group in this country if I am not assured that the money and help will go only to American citizens.

Agree here, DJ. But many illegals get all the perks American citizens don't as they are birthing anchor babies that are citizens and we end up supporting them with our tax dollars. We are already the most generous nation in the world but apparently that is not good enough for so many who lose their citizens (coming here illegally, or legally and forgetting to leave). They come here for jobs, education and medical treatment, retirement and more. We are not allowed to say a word while they spit in our faces.
    Consider me tired and angry.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DJ
    I hear ya, Vortex. On the other hand, if there was a way that if members of alipac are suffering, we could help them without money going to support illegals and their offspring, it would be terrific! I suppose that if someone created some kind of organization that would limit help to American citizens, the ACLU would bring a lawsuit though.

It has always made me cranky that I cannot specify on my annual tax return where my dollars would go. The trouble is, it all goes into a large bucket for congressmen to play with, and they have all those nifty earmarks so that ACORN gets a load, and we can build bridges to nowhere and construct teapot museums or have artists paint public trash cans for the betterment of our lives.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

We can share food and help Americans in need.

I feel the same way. I really wanted to help a soup kitchen and/or food pantries in my area but found out that the majority of people that go to kichens and/or food pantries are illegals.

So I don't give money and/or food to any of them.

I just send food to my family members and/or people that I know are legal citizens that are hurting and/or help groups like Alipac.

It's too bad that we can't send food and goodies to shelters and/or pantries without fear of feeding people that are responcible for Americans losing their jobs and even their homes. We don't have to be enablers.

DJ
    It would be so terrific if Alipac had a way of connecting with a list of legit organizations to help hurting people. It's a terrible thing when you distrust all non-profits! Can't trust churches, can't trust the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, or United Way!