Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

HUNTER RECOMMENDS WAR VETS REPLACE STATE DEPT PERSONNEL

I just received this in an email so I don't have a link...

HUNTER RECOMMENDS WAR VETERANS REPLACE STATE DEPT PERSONNEL

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 1, 2007 CONTACT: Gary Becks (619) 334-1655

San Diego, CA – Congressman Duncan Hunter (R-CA) today recommended to President Bush a proposal to replace State Department personnel who refuse to be deployed to Baghdad with wounded veterans from military hospitals at Walter Reed and Bethesda . Hunter, who is currently running for President, went to the White House earlier today and met with President Bush to outline and detail his "Wounded Warrior" project.

"My recommendation to the President was simply that we need people in these positions whose top priorities will be to get the job done regardless of the circumstances and I know which individuals meet those qualifications. Our wounded warriors have already exhibited courage, professionalism and work ethic on the field of battle. They have already answered the call to serve in difficult circumstances and they know firsthand the meaning of sacrifice. If the State Department is having trouble with reluctant personnel, I can think of nobody more qualified than these brave patriots to rise to the challenge.

"State Department recruiters should immediately be sent to Walter Reed and Bethesda hospitals and application forms should be provided and posted on relevant employment websites. As I indicated to the President, I have no doubt our men and women in uniform will once again answer the call of their nation."

# # #

Gary Becks
    Media Relations
    Hunter for President
    dlhunter08@yahoo.com

Hunter for President, Inc.
    9340 Fuerte Drive
    La Mesa, California 91941
    United States
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

COULDN'T FIND THAT EXACT ARTICLE....BUT HERE IS A LINK TO A RELATED ARTICLE.

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/read ... Num=205327
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A perfect and wonderful solution to the quivering, spineless, faceless bureaucrats that fill the State Department. Great Idea, Duncan. You're a man who should be elected President!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe some of the S.D. employees should be reminded of the old adage of "when the going gets tough,the tough get going.I honestly think that if the troops have no choice,and they don't,other government employees should have to pull their time too.What happened to everyone stepping up during wartime?

I say this because I tried to reenlist last year,but they said I was age challenged,but I could speak to various groups with them if I wanted.My grandchildren talked me out of that.At least I tried.

MW
    zeezil wrote:

Great Idea, Duncan.
    I agree, it is a great idea. Hunter is recommending they be given an application to apply - they aren't be forced. These men and women have already proven their courage and dedication.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn