Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I do the work illegals don't want!

I have been going to college for the last year all the time looking for a job anything to help out. A couple of weeks ago I got a call from a temp. service to work at a screen print shop about 4 miles from my house. I was so excited they said i had to hurry in their office and take a drug test to start tonight they really needed me. So I went and got to the job about 7 pm. I walked in and stood by the area by the door waiting for someone to notice me and tell me where to go. Finally a lady came over and motioned me to a lady in a red t-shirt. The lady motions me to follow her. She shows me what to do count to 12 and she stacks the shirts. I said o.k. and she said yea.
    So I start taking the shirts off heat treat line and running them through a heat treat machine. Just like the lady showed me. I look around latino music playing loud. There are about 30 latinos working in the shop.
    Break time about 2 hours later I was in the break area. There was 2 younger men and one older man about my age or a little older, I am 53.
    I look around we sit alone in the smoking area. The lationos fill up the break area for non-smoking. I started talking to the older man who had been working about 12 hours a night for about a week. He said he was glad to get the job. I agreed.
    I was called the next day to report wednesday moring at 7 am. The temp service asked how I liked it. I said it was different, but I needed the money so it was easy work, I told him It was a little strange being showed in animation how to do a job. He said day shift would be better. I went in at 6:30. I pulled up next to a pick-up truck in the parking lot with someone sleeping in it. Day shift was better there was maybe 10 who spoke my language (English). I was put to work under the supervision of a Salvadorian who spoke broken English. I was putting glitter on some name brand t-shirts. Apparently from what I could gather the Illegals didn't want to work on this job to boring. I was told by a lationo in her broken english. One of the owners asked me to return the next moring and I did.
    The man sleeping in the truck I found out was from some country that the latinos had problems understanding him. Interesting.
    I wasn't called back again for some reason?
    The temp service said they were slow and no work. There were about 30 newer cars in the parking lot. I drive a 95 honda!
    I went to pick my check up at the CSI screen prinitng plant in Madison, N.C. on friday. Rockingham county has one of the highest unemployment rates in N.C.. The older man that sat with me in the break room was there to pick up his check too, He asked if I was working I said they don't have any work... He said they told him the same...I walked past a new shinny black Lexus with a new black humve parked next to it, parked in the reserved parking spot in front of the office.
    There were people working there from Elsalvador, Guatamala, Mexico and the man sleeping in the car everyone had problems understanding.. Wonder where he was from?
    Obviously our tax dollars are supporting more than just Mexico, with healthcare, schools, wic, food stamps. I no longer wonder how our country can be going broke supporting and giving free services to several counties citizens on our tax dollar.
    Now this is a true story and actually happened to me!
    This company a few years ago was hiring locals for full time jobs and offered benifits for workers from what someone told me.
    What happened? greed?

Sorry to hear you had this terrible experience. Doing a job illegals don't want to do.

This is the future of all of us on a regular basis if we don't stop this madness!

BTW, as an aside, I admire you for going back to school. I am doing the same right now, as a "non-traditional" student, i.e. older.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

I would be more than happy to notify someone. But who?

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

Quote Originally Posted by posylady
    I would be more than happy to notify someone. But who?
    I'm not sure. Maybe ICE?

And why all of a sudden in a couple years time would this company only hire Hispanics, as you were saying? If its NOT because they're illegal so cheaper labor, and the company is being careful only to hire legal residents, then maybe its a case of discrimination against NON-Hispanics.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

MW
    Posylady,

If you feel that you're being discriminated against, file a charge of discrimination with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
    (EEOC ).

How to File a Charge of Employment Discrimination
    Note: Federal employees and job applicants have a different complaint process.

You may file a charge of employment discrimination at the EEOC office closest to where you live, or at any one of the EEOC’s 53 field offices. Your charge, however, may be investigated at the EEOC office closest to where the discrimination occurred. If you are a U.S. citizen working for an American company overseas, you should file your charge with the EEOC field office closest to your employer’s corporate headquarters.

Where the discrimination took place can determine how long you have to file a charge. The 180 calendar day filing deadline is extended to 300 calendar days if a state or local agency enforces a state or local law that prohibits employment discrimination on the same basis. The rules are slightly different for age discrimination charges. For age discrimination, the filing deadline is only extended to 300 days if there is a state law prohibiting age discrimination in employment and a state agency or authority enforcing that law. The deadline is not extended if only a local law prohibits age discrimination.

Many states and localities have agencies that enforce laws prohibiting employment discrimination. EEOC refers to these agencies as Fair Employment Practices Agencies (FEPAs). EEOC and some FEPAs have worksharing agreements in place to prevent the duplication of effort in charge processing. According to these agreements, if you file a charge with either EEOC or a FEPA, the charge also will be automatically filed with the other agency. This process, which is defined as dual filing, helps to protect charging party rights under both federal and state or local law.

Online Assessment System
    EEOC does not accept charges online. However, we do have an online assessment tool that can help you decide if EEOC is the correct agency to assist you. You can then complete an Intake Questionnaire that you may print and either bring or mail to the appropriate EEOC field office to begin the process of filing a charge.

Filing in Person
    Each field office has its own procedures for appointments or walk-ins. Please check our field office list for your office's procedures.

It is always helpful if you bring with you to the meeting any information or papers that will help us understand your case. For example, if you were fired because of your performance, you might bring with you the letter or notice telling you that you were fired and your performance evaluations. You might also bring with you the names of people who know about what happened and information about how to contact them.

You can bring anyone you want to your meeting, especially if you need language assistance and know someone who can help. You can also bring your lawyer, although you don’t have to hire a lawyer to file a charge. If you need special assistance during the meeting, like a sign language or foreign language interpreter, let us know ahead of time so we can arrange for someone to be there for you.

By Telephone
    Although we do not take charges over the phone, you can get the process started over the phone. You can call 1-800-669-4000 to submit basic information about a possible charge, and we will forward the information to the EEOC field office in your area. Once the field office receives your information, they will contact you to talk to you about your situation.

By Mail
    You can file a charge by sending us a letter that includes the following information:

Your name, address, and telephone number
    The name, address and telephone number of the employer (or employment agency or union) you want to file your charge against
    The number of employees employed there (if known)
    A short description of the events you believe were discriminatory (for example, you were fired, demoted, harassed)
    When the events took place
    Why you believe you were discriminated against (for example, because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information)
    Your signature
    Don’t forget to sign your letter. If you don’t sign it, we cannot investigate it.

Your letter will be reviewed and if more information is needed, we will contact you to gather that information or you may be sent a follow up questionnaire. At a later date, we will contact you and may put all of the information you sent us on an official EEOC charge form and ask you to sign it.
    http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfm

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn