Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have a question ?

I was wondering if anyone knows which baby formula's are made in the USA ? I only have about 2 more months before my little one will be here and am worried with all the talk of tainted baby formula from China, Is there any that is made here in the US ? Thanks for any help with this.
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Check into these formulas. Always double check claims however. Hope this will help and congratulations.

(quote)
    The U.S.-approved makers of milk-based baby formula are Abbott Nutrition, Bristol-Myers Squibb unit MeadJohnson Nutritionals, Nestle USA, PBM Nutritionals and Solus Products.(quote)

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory?id=5782281

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Manufacturers That Meet FDA Requirements
    FDA began investigating the reports of contamination immediately and received information from the companies who manufacture infant formula for the American market that they are not importing infant formula or source materials from China.

The following manufacturers have met the necessary FDA requirements for marketing milk-based infant formulas in the United States:

Abbott Nutritionals
    Mead Johnson Nutritionals
    Nestle USA, PBM Nutritionals
    Solus Products LLC.
    Also, one manufacturer, SHS/Nutricia, Liverpool, England, markets an amino acid based exempt infant formula that does not contain any milk-derived ingredients.

FDA requires that all infant formula manufacturers register with the agency and adhere to specific labeling and nutritional requirements. All properly registered manufacturers marketing infant formula in the United States undergo an annual inspection of their production facilities.

Here you go PS....hope it helps. You may want to go read at the site.

Link:

www.fda.gov/consumer/updates/formula091508.html - 11k -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just Google organic baby formula and read through some of the websites. Then, what appeals, should be emailed askied where their ingredients come from.
    There was no such thing as baby formulat when I was born, and my mom fed me on raw milk from a certified farm.
    Congrats on the new arrival!!!

Here is another article that might help you:

Avoid Chinese-made baby formula, US FDA says
    11 Sep 2008 20:29:30 GMT
    Source: Reuters
    WASHINGTON, Sept 11 (Reuters) - Baby formula from China is illegal in the United States and should not be used, U.S. regulators warned on Thursday after Chinese officials blamed tainted formula for the death of an infant.

U.S. Food and Drug Administration officials said it was possible that some formula from China may have slipped into markets serving Chinese consumers in the United States even though its sales are prohibited.

The agency advised consumers not to purchase or use baby formula from China if they do see it.

"We have some concerns that there may be some supplies of infant formula that may have gotten into the country illegally and may be in specialty markets that serve the Chinese community," Janice Oliver, deputy director of the FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, said in an interview.

An FDA probe in 2004 found Chinese formula on the shelves of an ethnic retailer in the United States, Oliver said. The FDA has no evidence of Chinese supplies in U.S. stores now.

Chinese authorities on Thursday said tainted, milk-based formula killed one baby and caused kidney stones in dozens of others who may have drunk the same product.

Contaminants were found in Sanlu-brand milk formula, China's Ministry of Health said. The Sanlu Group recalled milk formula made before Aug. 6.

The FDA's Oliver said agency officials were concerned the Chinese formula may be tainted with melamine, the contaminant found in pet food ingredients from China and linked to the deaths and illnesses of hundreds of cats and dogs in 2007.

U.S.-approved baby formula is safe, Oliver said. The FDA contacted the five approved makers of of milk-based formula and was told they do not use ingredients from China, she said.

"There is no threat of contamination in the domestic supply of infant formula," Oliver said.

The U.S.-approved makers of milk-based baby formula are Abbott Nutrition <ABT.N>, Bristol-Myers Squibb <BMY.N> unit MeadJohnson Nutritionals, Nestle USA <NESN.VX>, PBM Nutritionals and Solus Products. (Reporting by Lisa Richwine; Editing by Gary Hill)

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N11309035.htm
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Also if you know of a health food store that would be good to go and read all the labels. Out here in California we have Whole Foods. I don't know if you have that chain out there. Organic is always best. Good luck and congratulations!

Thank You ALL for the helpful links and stories and Thank you for the congrats ! I will book mark the FDA link and will also look into the organic stuff too. It is scary to think of how careful we have to be now when it comes to buying stuff for babies and kids I know I will not buy anything that isn't made here in the USA anymore , just not worth the risk to save a few dollars Thanks again !
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.