Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Indentured Servitude

Illegal felons aren't the only criminals.
    High level corporate CEOs are commiting serious labor law violations DAILY!

The unfair labor practice,
    INDENTURED SERVITUDE, is AGAINST THE LAW!

But with NON-immigrant H-1B visa holders, cheap labor indentured servitude is the NORM!

Check this out:

Quote Originally Posted by vindi_07 of the immigration voice website
    vindi_07

My employer holds my H1b approval documents...
    I'm from India and I am H1b holder, but NY-based my employer didn't find me a project. I don't know when they actually find a project for me.

I deposited $1,500 visa processing fee which can be refunded after at least one year of work.

My employer is holding my h1b approval notice including I-94. He wouldn't give it to me. Can I get it from USCIS if I request ?

According to the employment contract, there is $10,000 as penalty if I quit before one year of contract period.

Sigh...
    http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2819

Are we supposed to feel sorry for this non-immigrant H-1B?
    What about the American who got fired and replaced by this guy?

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I feel for this person, within boundaries, only for their predicament.

However, if we feel any anger, it needs to go towards those employers who want to line their pockets with cheaper labor and got rid of their American workers.

I think employers like this should be prosecuted, give the money back to the person who paid it, and also make the employer pay their going home cost's.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)