Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

India, U.S. agree on economic cooperation

http://www.sacbee.com/24hour/politics/s ... 8847c.html

India, U.S. agree on economic cooperation
    By RAJESH MAHAPATRA, Associated Press Writer
    Published 5:17 am PST Thursday, March 2, 2006
    NEW DELHI (AP) - India and the United States agreed Thursday on a sweeping agenda for economic and scientific cooperation, one day after the two countries set a three-year target to double their trade.

A joint commission on science and technology, more cooperation in cybersecurity and collaboration in agricultural research and the development of low-cost drugs to fight AIDS and bird flu were among the agreements reached during talks between President Bush and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, a joint statement said.

Capping all the issues was a deal on civilian nuclear energy that will allow the U.S. government and private companies to supply nuclear technologies and fuel to India, where demand for energy is soaring.

"Many of the areas that our cooperation now covers are central to India's development," Singh told reporters. "This an ambitious agenda, one that is befitting our growing strategic partnership. When implemented, they will make a real difference to the lives of people."

Bush said U.S. businesses are eager to get involved in India's economic success - the South Asian economy is growing at close to 8 percent, one of the fastest in the world.

"People in the United States now understand trade with India is in their interest," he said.

The two leaders promised to take quick action on recommendations made by a forum of chief executives of U.S. and Indian companies that was set up last July to draw a roadmap for increased business cooperation, the joint statement said.

The two sides discussed how India can draw more investment from America, especially for infrastructure projects, and agreed to hold an investment summit in the United States later this year. India needs $150 billion annually in infrastructure investment to sustain its current growth rate.

Encouraged by the nuclear deal, the two sides also outlined an exhaustive plan for cooperation in non-nuclear energy, such as clean coal technologies and non-conventional energy.

"It is in our interest to share technologies to move away from fossil fuel," Bush said.

On Wednesday, the two sides set a target to double trade to over $50 billion in three years. Two-way trade totaled $26.8 billion last year.

The United States is India's largest trading partner and accounts for 16 percent of India's exports and 6 percent of its imports, but India accounts for just 1 percent of U.S. trade.

The two sides also agreed to work together toward a successful end to ongoing negotiations at the World Trade Organization, which wants a new global trade liberalization treaty by the end of this year, the joint statement said.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We get mango's out of this deal...!!! Yummmmm

Can this globalization ever be stopped?
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Correcting the Translation

Quote Originally Posted by RAJESH MAHAPATRA, Associated Press Writer
    "People in the United States now understand trade with India is in their interest,"
    Whoo hoo, John Cornyn is so proud of you for your writing skills

Same propaganda, we've heard ad nausium! Shall I re-write your article for you? Properly translated from Hindi to English, the real meaning is....

"People in the United States now understand that flipping burgers at McDonalds, for the rest of their lives, is in their interest,"

after they get done training their replacements from Bang-town

W A R N I N G - A C C U R A C Y - E R R O R - W A R N I N G

Folks, forgive me please. I screwed up the posting. The McDonalds jobs belong to illegal aliens.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Oops, dual post

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Re: Correcting the Translation

Quote Originally Posted by Coto
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJESH MAHAPATRA, Associated Press Writer
    "People in the United States now understand trade with India is in their interest,"
    Whoo hoo, John Cornyn is so proud of you for your writing skills

Same propaganda, we've heard ad nausium! Shall I re-write your article for you? Properly translated from Hindi to English, the real meaning is....

"People in the United States now understand that flipping burgers at McDonalds, for the rest of their lives, is in their interest,"

after they get done training their replacements from Bang-town

W A R N I N G - A C C U R A C Y - E R R O R - W A R N I N G

Folks, forgive me please. I screwed up the posting. The McDonalds jobs belong to illegal aliens.
    Get this maniac out of office NOW before there's nothing left in this country to call our own. This SOB would outsource his own family if he knew he'd profit from it. He'd probably sell his two daughters to a Mexican sex slave trade if he thought he'd profit from it. This man is so evil, it's sickening. Everything Bush has ever inherited, he's ran into the ground. Why do we continue to let him do this to our country? We need to get this maniac and his ilk out of office and replace them with real American people who have actually had to work for what they have and didn't get it handed to them on a silver platter like Jorge Junior has from his daddy. Get elites out NOW, bring in blue collar American workers in who know what a honest hard days work is all about and can relate to our plight.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

blue collar American workers
    Lotsa white collar workers getting "Bangalored" too. Only the CEO is immune to offshoring.
    What CEOs and elected officials don't realize or don't care about - unemployed citizens, whether white collar or blue, can't afford to buy the goods and services being sold by the offshoring company.

Just hang on until 2-per-cent of the population owns 98% of the wealth.

Then we can wait for that "trickle down economics" stuff to work!!!!!!

Obbop, you mean " tinkle down economics," right?

When I saw that news segment I wanted to slap somebody. What in the world is that man doing?????????
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"People in the United States now understand trade with India is in their interest," he said.
    What people in the United States is he referring to???
    Mangos from India in exchange for nuclear technologies. What a deal.
    I honestly believe that Bush needs a complete psychiatric examination.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mangos from India
    What's wrong with mangoes from California? Or even mangoes from Mexico? As much as I love mangoes, I'll be looking at the labels and I won't be buying any mangoes from India, I can assure you that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast