Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Indiana Republicans Cave, Kill "Right-To-Work" Bil

Indiana Republicans Cave, Kill "Right-To-Work" Bill
    Grace Wyler | Feb. 23, 2011, 2:12 PM | 1,261 | comment 8

Indiana's Republican lawmakers have killed the "right-to-work" bill that sparked huge protests at the statehouse and caused Democrats to flee the state, the Indianapolis Star reports today.

The legislation would have barred companies and unions from requiring non-union employees to pay dues for union representation, making Indiana the nation's 23rd "right-to-work" state.

Democrats in the Indiana Assembly emulated their Wisconsin counterparts, staging an escape to Illinois Tuesday to prevent a quorum for a vote. But unlike in Wisconsin, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels asked Republicans to drop the bill so Democrats would return to work.

“I thought there was a better time and place to have this very important and legitimate issues raised,â€

Bring em back, lock the doors... then say "we lied, just like you guys did".... then force a locked door vote. When they whine and complain say tough crap, try and repeal it when you have control and see what the real citizens say.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012
    Bring em back, lock the doors...
    "Our Troops!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012
    Bring em back, lock the doors...
    "Our Troops!"
    We may need them here shortly
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

The childish behavior being exhibited by Democrat lawmakers is ludicrous! These folks were hired to represent all their constiuents, not just union workers. This "we play by my rules or I'm taking my football and leaving" mentality is not how the democratic process is supposed to work. Whatever loophole is in place that allows them to leave the state whenever there's a pending vote on an issue they don't like needs to be closed.

All the more reason for a third party!

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    I agree but most people say it would divide the ticket come election. But in my opinion it would not do that if EVERYONE (or majority) went third party.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    I agree but most people say it would divide the ticket come election. But in my opinion it would not do that if EVERYONE (or majority) went third party.

I like the idea of Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann.

Kathyet

roundabout wrote:

uniteasone wrote,

I was not really looking at the Presidential race. A third party in the legislature would help to shake things up provided we could get some constitutionalists in there. Then they would have the dems and repubs trying to curry there votes, or they could skew the two party when they work against the constitution. More chance for collusion with just two parties.

Yet, I like and agree with your point as well. Either way a third party would help to shake things up.[/quote]

kathyet wrote,
    I like the idea of Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann.
    Looks like a good ticket to me.

Or Ron Paul and Col. West.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast