Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #1
    Senior Member Airbornesapper07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    18,326

    Iran summons western diplomats in wake of terrorist attack on military parade

    Iran summons western diplomats in wake of terrorist attack on military parade

    September 23, 2018

    Dozens of people, including civilians, were killed or wounded in the attack.

    By Rick Moran

    The Iranian foreign ministry summoned western diplomats from Britain, Denmark and the Netherlands early Sunday for allegedly harboring Arab separatists who Tehran believes planned and carried out an attack on a military parade in the city of Ahvaz.
    The attack targeted members of Iran's Revolutionary Guards who were marching in a parade to commemorate the start of the Iran-Iraq War in 1980. State TV reports that 29 people were killed and more than 60 injured.

    An Arab separatist group claimed responsibility for the attack. CNN reports that "Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif also blamed "a foreign regime" backed by the United States."
    "Terrorists recruited, trained, armed & paid by a foreign regime have attacked Ahvaz," Zarif said in a tweet, adding: "Iran holds regional terror sponsors and their US masters accountable for such attacks."
    Earlier, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani used the occasion of the military parades to compare US President Donald Trump to the former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, Press TV reported.
    Speaking at a military rally in Tehran, he said Trump will fail in the "economic and psychological war" he's launched against Iran, just as Hussein failed in his eight-year war against the Islamic Republic.
    "Iran will neither abandon its defensive weapons nor will reduce its defense capabilities," Rouhani said.
    "Rather it will increase its defense power day by day. The fact that they are angry at our missiles shows that these are the most influential weapons Iran has."
    Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Hezbollah, two of Iran's closest allies, issued statements condemning the attack, with Assad referencing outside involvement and Hezbollah echoing allegations of US blame.
    "We are with you with all the power we have" to stand against these terrorist acts, Assad said in a cable to Rouhani extending condolences, the state-run Syrian Arab News Agency reported. "We hope that the backers, financers and proponents of terrorism will understand that this danger threatens mankind as a whole."
    Hezbollah in a statement said "satanic and malignant hands are behind this terrorist action," and accused the United States and its allies of conducting the attack "directly or by proxy." The attack is intended to undermine Iran's security and stability and as "punishment for ... its rejection of American dependency politics," the statement claimed.
    All signs point to Arab separatists carrying out the attack, including an interview on Saudi TV with an Arab activist representing the Arab Struggle Movement to Liberate Ahvaz, who gave details about the attackers. Not wanting to be left out of the media coverage, Islamic State also claimed responsibility.
    The US strongly condemned the attack as well.
    If the terrorist attack was carried out by the separatists it would represent a quantum leap in their capabilities. Previously, their attacks were on oil pipelines in the dead of night. This was an assault in broad daylight. Perhaps more significantly, it was a suicide attack. Surely the gunmen, dressed in military uniforms, could not have hoped to escape a venue where there was a massive police and army presence.
    In fact, the attack bears a greater resemblance to something ISIS would have done. So why would the Iranian government blame Arab separatists with so little proof?
    The region where the attack occurred has seen many large demonstrations over the last 6 months. The protests were not only for equality for Arabs, but they were also demonstrations against regime economic policies. The Iranian government may be seeking an excuse to crack down on dissidents in the region in order to deal with the constant unrest.
    In the past, including a similar attack in June, 2017, Tehran used the cover of a terrorist attack to oppress dissident voices across the country. It is believed that the 2017 attack was carried out by ISIS. In the case of the Ahvaz attack, it was clearly in the government's best interests to blame Arab separatists.
    Terrorism is never right, no matter who gets hit. In this case, many civilians were killed and wounded. It is the bane of the 21st century and should be opposed wherever it happens.


    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ry_parade.html

  2. #2
    Senior Member Airbornesapper07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    18,326
    Iran's Supreme Leader Calls Attack On Parade A "US Plot"; Tehran Summons Western Ambassadors



    Khamenei condemned "plots hatched by US stooges in the region"...

    Sun, 09/23/2018 - 17:15
    9 SHARES

    Iran's top cleric and leader Ayatollah Khamenei has pointed the finger at the West for a terror attack on a military parade that took place early Saturday in the Southwest city of Ahvaz, which left 25 people dead and over 60 wounded.
    Khamenei's condemnation of "plots hatched by US stooges in the region" came simultaneous to Iran summoning the diplomatic envoys of Western countries including the Netherlands, Denmark and Great Britain, for harboring Iranian opposition groups in their countries.
    “It is not acceptable that these groups are not listed as terrorist organizations by the European Union as long as they have not carried out a terrorist attack in Europe,” foreign ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi was quoted as saying by IRNA, per Reuters.



    Government officials also indicated the gunmen which unleashed a hail of bullets on men women and children were disguised as Iranian soldiers: “The terrorists disguised as the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) and Basiji (volunteer) forces opened fire at the authorities and people from behind the stand during the parade," the regional Governor of Khuzestan Gholam-Reza Shariati told state media.

    Iranian state IRNA news identified that the self-proclaimed "Saudi-affiliated" Al-Ahwaz terrorist group claimed the responsibility for the attack.
    Indeed it appears that a group identifying itself as the "Ahwazi Democratic Popular Front" had announced on Twitter some 13 hours before the attack that "Al-Ahvaz will create a challenge for the Iranian occupiers with an attack," according to a translation of the tweet.
    Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said in the aftermath that “US masters” and regional terrorist forces should be held accountable for the bloodshed.

    Nasser Atta @nasseratta5

    Video at the page link


    Replying to @nasseratta5
    Dramatic video of The first moments of the attack at the #Iran-ian military parade in #Ahvaz, where at least 11 people were killed and 38 injured. Video from @MehrnewsCom
    4:56 AM - Sep 22, 2018




    Meanwhile Iran's Supreme Leader ranted against Western and US plotting in his Saturday message, according to a translation and paraphrase by PressTV:
    The Leader said the "tragic and sorrowful" incident in Ahvaz and the killing of people by mercenary terrorists once again exposed the cruelty of the enemies of the Iranian nation.
    These savage mercenaries who open fire on innocent civilians, including women and children, are linked with the same liars who claim to advocate human rights, Ayatollah Khamenei added.

    Khamenei then specifically identified US plotting as motivating the attack: "Their crime is the continuation of plots [hatched] by the US-led governments in the region who aim to create insecurity in our dear country."
    But on Saturday night the US State Department issued a rare statement of solidarity with Iranians in the wake of the terror attack: “We stand with the Iranian people against the scourge of radical Islamic terrorism and express our sympathy to them at this terrible time. The United States condemns all acts of terrorism and the loss of any innocent lives,” according to the official statement.
    Many prominent Western and Gulf-based media outlets refused to use the word "terrorism" in relation to the attack, which reportedly included children among the casualties.


    View image on Twitter
    Arash Karami @thekarami

    Major media outlets not using the word “terrorism” to describe an attack on a parade in which children were killed because it happened in Iran.
    10:03 AM - Sep 22, 2018




    Iran has in the past accused the United States, Saudi Arabia, and European countries for giving support to the MEK and using the opposition group as a proxy force for attacks withing Iran. The controversial Iranian opposition in exile Mujahideen e Khalq (MEK) isconsidered by Iran and many other countries as a terror organization (and not long ago by the US State Deptartment, though delisted as a terror group under Obama ), but is now given close support by US Congresspersons and Trump admin officials alike.
    Essentially a paramilitary cult, the MEK is suspected of conducting assassinations of high level Iranian figures, especially nuclear scientists and engineers for years, likely at the bidding of foreign intelligence services.
    Currently, it is unclear exactly how much external support the Al-Ahwaz separatist group, which has claimed responsibility for the terror attack, receives, if any at all though Tehran is pointing the finger at Saudi Arabia and its allies.

    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ummons-western

  3. #3
    Senior Member Airbornesapper07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    18,326
    Giuliani Vows Regime Change At "Iran Uprising" Event; MEK Supporters Chant John McCain's Name



    The government is "going to be overthrown" as soon as revolutionary "conditions" are ripe - Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani

    Sun, 09/23/2018 - 16:00
    20 SHARES

    Speaking at an MEK-linked event called the "Iran Uprising Summit" in New York City on Saturday, Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani told an audience that the Iranian government is "going to be overthrown" as soon as revolutionary "conditions" are ripe.
    “I don’t know when we’re going to overthrow them. It could be in a few days, months, a couple of years, but it’s going to happen. They’re going to be overthrown, the people of Iran have obviously had enough,” said Giuliani at the event hosted by the Organization of Iranian-American Communities at a Times Square hotel.
    “The sanctions are working. The currency is going to nothing … These are the conditions that lead to successful revolution, and, God willing, non-violent revolution,” he said.

    Max Blumenthal @MaxBlumenthal

    Video at the page link

    At the MEK regime change cult’s Iran Uprising Summit, Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani proclaims in paid address, “They will be overthrown!” He then celebrates reports of desperate Iranians seeking to sell their organs and begging for food due to US sanctions.
    3:48 AM - Sep 23, 2018



    The speech came the same day a terror attack on a military parade took the lives of over 24 people and wounded scores more in the southwest Iranian city of Ahvaz, including children and civilians.
    Guiliani's regime change commentary also follows claims by White House and State Department officials that US is not seeking a change of government in Tehran.



    The group is made up of Iranian expat and political opposition communities in the US and is tied to the controversial Iranian opposition group in exile, Mujahideen e Khalq (MEK), which is considered by Iran and many other countries as a terrorist organization.
    It is essentially a paramilitary cult and is suspected of conducting assassinations of high level Iranian figures, especially nuclear scientists and engineers for years, likely at the bidding of foreign intelligence services, as was up until a few years ago a designated terror group by the US State Department, though delisted under the Obama administration.
    Iran has recently accused the US, Israel, and regional allies like Saudi Arabia of stirring unrest inside Iran. Indeed Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei specifically blamed "US plotting" as being behind the attack on the Ahvaz military parade on Saturday: "Their crime is the continuation of plots [hatched] by the US-led governments in the region who aim to create insecurity in our dear country," he said according to state media.
    The MEK's leader, Maryam Rajavi, also addressed the conference via Skype alongside Giuliani. Both praised President Trump's dismantling of the Iran nuclear deal brokered under Obama, and his aggressive sanctions regimen currently sending the Iran's currency and economy into a tailspin. Rajavi claimed during her speech that the MEK has organized special "Units of Rebellion" to cause riots and mayhem inside Iran.

    Max Blumenthal @MaxBlumenthal

    Video at the page link

    Replying to @MaxBlumenthal
    Speaking to NYC crowd, MEK leader Maryam Rajavi claims her regime change cult has organized special Units of Rebellion to cause riots and mayhem inside Iran.
    3:50 AM - Sep 23, 2018




    MEK events have been known to include high profile American speakers who are reportedly paid hefty speaking fees. The late Senator John McCain was a fixture at their annual rallies in Paris, and former Obama NSC director Gen. James Jones also addressed Saturday's event in New York City, and praised Trump policy on Iran.
    Perhaps one of the more bizarre moments of the so-called "Iran Uprising Summit" was the tribute video to John McCain. Immediately after the video the audience began chanting his name out of appreciation of his consistently pro-regime change and hawkish policies.

    Max Blumenthal @MaxBlumenthal

    Video at the page link

    Replying to @MaxBlumenthal
    Following the MEK’s totally tasteful video tribute to John McCain, members spontaneously chant their all-time favorite senator’s name.
    3:58 AM - Sep 23, 2018




    In response to Giuliani's statements expressing approval for future Tehran regime overthrow, the State Department attempted to distance itself, saying in a statement that Trump's personal lawyer doesn't speak for the administration.
    However, the White House has vowed to maintain economic pressure on the Islamic Republic with more sanctions to snap into place on November 4. The sanctions will especially target Iran's energy sector, possibly dealing a final death blow to the already crippled economy.

    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...spite-contrary

Similar Threads

  1. Trump expelling 60 Russian diplomats in wake of UK nerve agent attack
    By JohnDoe2 in forum Other Topics News and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2018, 12:38 PM
  2. Military Briefed Obama On Benghazi Terrorist Attack
    By AirborneSapper7 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2014, 04:21 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 10:28 PM
  4. NATO preparing to attack Syria: Iran issues veiled military
    By AirborneSapper7 in forum Other Topics News and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 04:03 AM
  5. Deploy the Military AFTER the Terrorist Attack
    By Scarecrow in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 10:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •