Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Islamic kids cartoons praised by Obama draw terse warning

Videos at the link as well..one about 99 animation preview and Obama giving a shout out to "The 99"

MEDIA MATTERS
    Islamic kids cartoons praised by Obama draw terse warning
    'These are not types of heroes you want your children to have'
    Posted: October 16, 2010
    10:40 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2010 WorldNetDaily

New Shariah-compliant Islamic cartoon "superhero"

A coming series of "superhero" cartoons promoting the tenets of Islam under the title of "The 99" – which has been praised by President Obama – is drawing a terse warning from an expert who has analyzed media impact on people for decades.

"These are not the types of heroes you want your children to have," Dr. Ted Baehr, chief of MOVIEGUIDE®," told WND today. "These heroes, at their core, because they represent values contrary to humanity, at the core these heroes are more villain than hero."

Get the latest reports on what Hollywood is doing, subscribe to "MOVIEGUIDE,"

Reports already have circulated about the plans by The Hub, which formerly was Discovery Kids, to produce the series featuring characters portraying the 99 attributes of Allah, at Family Security Matters and others.

(Story continues below)

The New York Post ran a column describing plans for the Shariah-compliant Muslim superheroes – "including one who fights crime hidden head-to-toe by a burqa."

"These Islamic butt-kickers are ready to bring truth, justice and indoctrination to impressionable Western minds," the report said.

That's the problem, according to Baehr, with the Middle East cartoon that reportedly is being picked up and scheduled for a launch early in 2011 by Hasbro toys and Discovery Communications.

A preview of the program has been posted online:

Baehr's organization said the program includes "hair-hiding headscarves" that are "mandatory for the five female characters, not including a 'burqa babe' called Batina the Hidden."

"Curiously (or not so curiously considering his track record), President Obama, who was raised as a Muslim by his stepfather in Indonesia but supposedly converted to Christianity, praised this work created by Kuwaiti psychologist Naif al-Mutawa, saying at an April meeting with Arab entrepreneurs, 'His superheroes embody the teachings of the tolerance of Islam.'"

That message also is online:

Adrian Morgan of Family Security Matters, which is a think tank, wondered, "Are we going to see a**-kicking Christian superhero nuns called Faith, Hope and Charity ... sending Satan into Hell? It's doubtful!"

Baehr's organization said the characters, which are expected to be on-air sometime in January 2011 or later, also reportedly are featured in a six-part series of DC Comics where the Justice League superheroes of Superman and Batman reach out to the Islamics.

"With all due respect to President Obama and contrary to his opinion, the Muslim faith is known for its lies about Christians and Jews, lies about the Bible, lies about Jesus and His apostles, violence, warrior mentality, abuse of women, slavery, persecution of non-Muslims, and terrorism against peaceful civilians, from the alleged founder of the faith, Mohammed, down to the present day," Baehr's analysis said.

Baehr told WND he's been working with the study of media impact on people for nearly four decades. Of thousands of studies, there has been only one – by a media organization – that concluded the media did not have an influence on children.

But that "influence" does not always manifest itself the same way, he said. For example, a study revealed that 1 in 4 children who watch R-rated movies started drinking earlier than children who did not.

A small percentage, he said, are very likely to be influenced toward the violence that is inherent in Islam – it's admonitions to "kill infidels" and the like.

"Islam is a toxic religion, I will say that up front," Baehr said. "It is a very negative religion toward people and especially women."

The Family Security Matters commentary also suggested a darker side to the "heroes."

"In the Islamic world, cartoons have a more sinister purpose. In Iran, on Al-Quds Day, Iranian TV schedules are filled with cartoons about evil Israelis with red eyes, shooting and murdering innocent doe-eyed Palestinians. For older kids, the heroes fight back, and even get martyred in the cause of Allah. Al-Quds day, named after the Arab term for Jerusalem and initiated by Ayatollah Khomeini in 1983, is a time for Iranian media to reinforce Holocaust denial and anti-Semitic propaganda," it said.

The characters already are in comic books that come from Teshkeel Comics in Kuwait, a company that has worked with Marvel, DC and Archie comic companies.

"Not all kids [who watch] are going to become violent," Baehr said, "It's only if they have a susceptibility. This will become a pattern of behavior just like American converts to radical Islam in Detroit and Tennessee.

"This will appeal to a certain group who will become radicalized by watching this," he said. "The problem with all of this … is that you cannot tell until it's too late."

WND previously has reported just exactly what Islamic television's children's programs feature.

Kids play at "jihad" in new Hamas television presentation

For example, the terror group Hamas' Al-Aqsa Television has "martyred" a children's bunny character named Assud and knocked off a Mickey Mouse-lookalike for the cause of jihad.

Also in a report documented by the Middle East Media Research Institute, it has been promoting jihad for children, or children for jihad.

In the musical clip, a children's choir opens with: "Dad, we put on our new clothes. Give us our pocket money. Today is a holiday. … Me, my brother, and the neighborhood kids want to arm ourselves with guns."

MEMRI explained that the message is an excerpt of a holiday video aired on Hamas Al-Aqsa Television on Sept. 8 called "Holiday Gun." It was performed by Muhammad al-Madhoun and Ibrahim Sheikh Khalil.

According to MEMRI, the lyrics continue with the dad singing:

"My children, I'm worried about you.

"This toy might harm your eyes.

"My children, I'm worried about you.

"This toy might harm your eyes.

"Think about another toy.

"You are the apple of my eye, may Allah protect you."

And the children return:

"Dad, we are a steadfast people.

"These guns need hands to carry them.

"Dad, we are a steadfast people.

"These guns need hands to carry them.

"Today we play, tomorrow we will wage Jihad.

"How joyous my heart will be on the Day of Return."

Related offers:

MOVIEGUIDE (Shipping Included)

Definitive work on Mideast – available only here!

"Everlasting Hatred: The Roots of Jihad"

FREE! "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades)"

"Israel in Crisis"

"Myths and Facts: A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict"

Perfect gift! Compass that points to Jerusalem

If you would like to sound off on this issue, participate in today's WND Poll.

Previous stories:

Terror group makes jihad children's game

'Jews' favorite cocktail': Muslim blood and soda

Kids' vid: 'Death is honor and victory'

Palestinian TV unveils teddy bear terrorist

Children's bunny 'martyred' on Arab TV

Children TV viewers: 'Chop off his hand'

Children's TV says Tel Aviv doesn't exist

'Bush killed' in Palestinian kids TV show

Islamic child: 'We all can be sacrificed'

New Hamas kids' character praises 'jihad'

Hamas' Mickey Mouse lookalike 'martyred'

'Mickey Mouse' promotes jihad

Toddler terrorist touted by jihadis

Cartoon: Palestinian child urinates on Lady Liberty

Hamas kids taught about 'evil Zionists'

Hamas: Kids 'fight in the resistance'

Suicide bomber videos: Footage of hate

Mother sad daughter didn't carry out bombing

Palestinian candidate mother of 'martyrs'

Terrorist moms 'yearn for martyrdom'

Mom of martyr: Sacrifice more of my children

Kids get martyr message in music video

Palestinians glorify child 'martyrs'

Hillary decries brainwash of child 'martyrs'

TV glorified 'martyrs' before attack

Saudis fabricate report of Jews teaching hatred

Poison pens: Kids spew toxic venom

Palestinian children 'dream of martyrdom'

Hamas launches webzine for kids

Palestinian TV urging children to kill

Jerusalem cleric praises child 'sacrifices'

Palestinian kids raised for war

Bob Unruh is a news editor for WorldNetDaily.com.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=215861

Kathyet

A doctor from Kuwait created these cartoons. That surprised me. After all we did bail their ass out in the first Gulf War. The trailer seems harmless enough and I did not see any burqas. but with this along with the other toys that say the words "Islam is the light" I would not trust them and I will pass this info on to my children.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I feel these things may start out innocent enough, but slowly overtime their propaganda is steadily interjected... everyone should decide this on their own.....I just wanted to bring it over so you all could be aware.

Kathyet

And thank you kathyet for sharing this
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou