Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Japan Threatens Military strike against N.Korea

Updated: 3:31 p.m. ET July 10, 2006
    UNITED NATIONS - Supporters of a resolution that would impose limited sanctions against North Korea agreed to delay a vote in the hope that China can pressure Pyongyang to return to six-party talks on its nuclear program and halt missile tests, U.S. Ambassador John Bolton said Monday.

Ambassadors from the five veto-wielding nations on the Security Council — who are divided over sanctions — met with Japan, which sponsored the resolution, as a Chinese delegation arrived in North Korea pledging friendship and deeper ties.

Bolton told reporters after the meeting that the resolution’s supporters, including the U.S., Britain, France and other European council members, decided not to press for a vote on Monday “while the diplomacy in Pyongyang proceeds.”

“We think it’s important to keep the focus on Pyongyang, which after all is the source of this problem, and to provide maximum support for, and leverage on the Chinese mission to Pyongyang,” he said.

Meanwhile, the U.S. nuclear envoy will return to Beijing on Tuesday for more talks with Chinese officials on North Korea's recent missile tests, a news report said.

U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Christopher Hill is in Tokyo after visiting China and South Korea on tour of Asia to coordinate a response to last week's test launches.

Hill will return to China on Tuesday, Kyodo News agency reported, citing unidentified U.S. officials in Washington.

Japanese pre-emptive strike?
    Japan said Monday it was considering whether a pre-emptive strike on North Korea’s missile bases would violate its constitution, signaling a hardening stance ahead of a possible Security Council vote.

Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi told reporters his government wants a vote on the measure “as soon as possible.”

“I think we must send a message that’s as clear as possible” to North Korea, he said.
    Japan was badly rattled by North Korea’s missile tests and several government officials openly discussed whether the country ought to take steps to better defend itself, including setting up the legal framework to allow Tokyo to launch a pre-emptive strike against Northern missile sites.

“If we accept that there is no other option to prevent an attack ... there is the view that attacking the launch base of the guided missiles is within the constitutional right of self-defense. We need to deepen discussion,” Chief Cabinet Secretary Shinzo Abe said.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Sounds to me like Japan is pretty ticked with China making them wait to vote on sanctions.

China talking to North Korea and "pledging friendship and deeper ties" was pretty much expected I think.

North Korea may be in the forefront for now, but it's China that I'm watching.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

“If we accept that there is no other option to prevent an attack ... there is the view that attacking the launch base of the guided missiles is within the constitutional right of self-defense. We need to deepen discussion,” Chief Cabinet Secretary Shinzo Abe said.
    This is not necessarily a good thing since Japan has no military to speak of.

If North Korea were to retaliate against Japan, we'll be at war agaist NK too. It wouldn't be a real war, of course, because we can't do anything that would make China mad at us.

It would be best if China dealt with the little NK lunatic, but I imagine that they're quite content to sit back and let him stir things up.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    This is not necessarily a good thing since Japan has no military to speak of.

If North Korea were to retaliate against Japan, we'll be at war agaist NK too. It wouldn't be a real war, of course, because we can't do anything that would make China mad at us.

It would be best if China dealt with the little NK lunatic, but I imagine that they're quite content to sit back and let him stir things up.
    We have one strong option, COUNT.

Japan can't do anything as their Constitution prohibits any military action - re: McCarthur & WWII. That's the problem for Japan.

China will NOT stop NK {their puppet} from threatening as China wants them & is helping them to produce nukes.

China will NOT stop Iran {their puppet} as they are also helping them to proliferate nukes.

The UN is impotent and we know it. The only way we can put China {who is the puppeteer} against the wall is to allow Japan Nukes and also change their Constitution in order to clear the way for military action.

Japan is the only one that is capable of pushing China into a corner.
    China would shit if Japan did the above as they're the only country in that area that China has ever feared and we defanged them therefore enabled China to grow claws.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe I'm wrong.......sure hope so........but I have this feeling that China and Russia is up to no good where we are concerned.
    Is it just me or does anyone else get that feeling too?
    I might be paranoid
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Quote Originally Posted by ruthiela
    Maybe I'm wrong.......sure hope so........but I have this feeling that China and Russia is up to no good where we are concerned.
    Is it just me or does anyone else get that feeling too?
    I might be paranoid
    China and Russia have been up to no good where we're concerned for over fifty years - Russia longer than that, actually.

Nothing paranoid about it.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Not being paranoid at all. It's just understanding how the game is played.

I've been very wary of China since 9/11 as they were the only ones (as a "big player") that did not offer any condolences whatsoever. That struck me as odd. Later I understood why.

Anyway, China is sitting back and watching so they can learn as much about us as they can in terms of military strengths and weaknesses. They've already learned how fast we can be if we want (Iraq). Now they are learning how good we are at defenses.

So it's no wonder they aren't making NK back off. They are using NK as a pawn, sacrificing them in order to gain more information on us. The more time goes by though, the closer they come to having their hand forced.

I noticed how often the media talks about how China has veto power in the U.N. Big deal, so do we. Doesn't mean they will (or won't) veto anything. However, track record shows that power isn't exercised as they run the very high risk of getting veto'd later down the road. Same goes for all of the nations who have veto power.

Japan may not be allowed to be on the offense, but they are allowed to be on the defense.

What interests me is China saying that sanctions will split the U.N. Security Council. I'd like to know what they mean exactly since I thought they were already split (13 nations in favor of sanctions and 2 not). So for them to make that statement now seems to me is an indication of them starting to show their hand.

Paranoid? Nah, just people paying attention and understanding the game.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

What interests me is China saying that sanctions will split the U.N. Security Council. I'd like to know what they mean exactly since I thought they were already split (13 nations in favor of sanctions and 2 not). So for them to make that statement now seems to me is an indication of them starting to show their hand.
    I agree Lady. China has been setting back quietly observing every aspect of our society. There is a relationship there between Bush, Rice, Clinton and China that does NOT have the American people's interest at heart.

I read an article that stated Chinese spies come in and out of this country via the California ports without interference because of one of those alphabet agreements Bush has signed. I think it is COSCO or something close to it. I'll try to find the article. Basically the story was about American scientist and journalists who were attacked in their own homes by these chinese agents and items of "interest" were taken.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

China, is the one I am afraid of! As far as Japan is concerned, North Korea would do well to study a little history about these people, they were the first suicide bombers, they can be as crazy as the islamist suicide bombers I would not discount their ability to make war if they had to!
    Build the dam fence post haste!