J. D. Hayworth Appears on The O'Reilly Factor
Tonight on The Factor with Bill O'Reilly, J. D. Hayworth took advantage of an opportunity to pound Senator John McCain on some particular issues, as well as clarify his position on the "Birther" issue McCain has attempted to pin on Hayworth.

Getting right to the point, O'Reilly played the meat of McCain's recent mudslinging advertisement before he even introduced Hayworth to the audience. Right out of the gate, Bill asked Hayworth, "Are you a birther guy, J. D.?", to which Hayworth replied, "Bill - no, I'm a broadcaster," referring to his most recent employment as a radio talk show host at AM 550 KFYI in Phoenix.

Hayworth went on to explain how as a talk show host part of his role is to be a catalyst of conversation, and O'Reilly agreed with Hayworth's assessment of the idea that if as a media personality you approach a subject, many of the media-watchers from the left (i.e. Media Matters) will instantly pin you as an associate of the group you are discussing.

O'Reilly then asked and allowed Hayworth to define his own views of the "birther" movement:

"I view this entire debate as esoteric," Hayworth replied. "It's as esoteric as arguing about the eligibility of Chester Allen Arthur well over a century after he served as President."

Hayworth went on to define exactly that he believes Obama to be president, and that McCain is involved in the politics of "Distortion and distraction," offering that McCain "Doesn't want people talking about his bailout vote that included $150 billion in earmarks, he doesn't want us talking about the fact that he voted against the Bush Tax Cuts that I helped write, and he doesn't want us talking about his amnesty..."

This is exactly the type of interview Hayworth needs to conduct from this point forward. I'm not sure why Hayworth was willing to even entertain the hosts interviewing him on leftist networks MSNBC and CNN when they approached the "birther" issue, but tonight's clear break from the issue is better for his campaign moving forward.

Additionally, the explanation he gave regarding the recording McCain used in the commercial does provide a reasonable explanation to any clear thinking voter who really wished to decide their vote for Arizona Senator on the issues rather than the dirty politics McCain will definitely be entrenched in throughout this campaign.

http://wisdomofsoloman.blogspot.com/201 ... actor.html