Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Black Africa had a range of cultures which ran from some that were more literate and advanced than most of Europe to some that were illiterate stone age hunter gatherers. Body modification was practiced by some of them but there were cultures among the Europeans and Native Americans who also did the same thing.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well I think that Mr. Wright's comments are wrong and disgusting.

Crazybird, there are many cultures on the Earth and much more of them will come in future or were here in the past. I don't dare to judge them - they have done nothing wrong to me. I tend to focus only on those which are attempting to destroy my life.

And I don't think that some particular (black) person should be grateful for what "we" have done to him. This collectivists sort of thinking is bizarre - at least in my eyes.

Concerning Richard's story I back him fully. He is right.

Anyone see the movie Blood Diamond? A must see about the Sierra Leone civil war in 1999. Maybe I should send a copy to Rev Wright and Obama as apparently they are clueless regarding the atrocities being waged over there and by who.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

"The West did not start slavery. The West ended slavery."

--Pat Buchanan
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Joe Klein weighs in (I believe he supports Obama):
    --------

The Reverend Wright:

And furthermore, I've been to dozens and dozens of African-American church services over the years, including the investiture of one of my friends as an AME minister two years ago, and I have very rarely, if ever, heard the kind of rants that are part of Reverend Wright's canon. Yes, as many have pointed out, Martin Luther King Jr. gave some angry, angry sermons--especially about the obscenity of the war in Vietnam--but for Wright to say the attacks on him are an attack on the black church is to offer a straitened and solipsistic view of that grand institution. Black liberation theology is not the black church.

And worse, Wright's purpose now seems quite clear: to aggrandize himself--the guy is going to be a go-to mainstream media source for racial extremist spew, the next iteration of Al Sharpton--and destroy Barack Obama.

http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008 ... right.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

IMO, Obama's current position in the polls, is yet another indicator of how uninformed much of the American electorate is, and how people often vote for someone who has stage presence, and good oratory skills, rather than for policy positions.

Perhaps Wright will be what sinks the Obama campaign. If that what it takes, I hope he gets plenty more media coverage!

I have also heard of this theory as to why AIDs has spread so much in AFRICA.

AIDS Controversy

[b]Oke has irked many people with his belief that AIDS is spread in Africa mostly because of Ju Ju. Doctors critical of the claim say the part of Africa Oke comes from had a higher number of blood transfusions than other parts of Africa. Oke claims Ju Ju involves the handling and ingesting of raw animal blood, and sometimes even human blood, and that transfusions and unsafe sex alone can’t explain the spread of AIDS in the Dark Continent. Oke personally knew of one village that had about 1000 people, but within 10 years the population was down to just 50 because of deaths from AIDS. While even non-Christian Yoruba people think people should be chaste until they are married, Ju Ju rituals make it possible for people to have unprotected sex with multiple partners, claiming later that they were unable to control themselves because they were “possessed by a spiritâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Crazybird, there are many cultures on the Earth and much more of them will come in future or were here in the past. I don't dare to judge them - they have done nothing wrong to me. I tend to focus only on those which are attempting to destroy my life.

And I don't think that some particular (black) person should be grateful for what "we" have done to him. This collectivists sort of thinking is bizarre - at least in my eyes.

Concerning Richard's story I back him fully. He is right.

I totally realize that. Guess I'm trying to say there are human rights abuses, physical abuses, on down the line from everybody....across the board in every culture. I am just getting tired of the white bashing and slavery issue that never seems to die no matter what we do change it.....with people like this Revrend and others who are intent to keep the hate alive and are determined to tell the story as the evil white people when there are people and cultures in their own race who are just as guilty of the same things. People in other countries doing even more vile things today......but lets just keep bashing the whites. ALL whites for acts of a few. Or America in general. It's not my collective view or way of thinking....I was being sarcastic using his mode of thinking and generalization. Not all whites had slaves, not all slaves were abused. Whats the difference between a gang sign and a burning cross? Whats the difference in killing an innocent black person for race based hate and a black killing a white one for the same reason? What's the difference between blacks sitting in the back of the buss and women who can't attend church sitting on the same side of the church as men? One can go on down the line with a ton of examples. In many cases it is comparing a less advanced society who wants to continue their "cultural practices" and look at us as evil for not promoting it. America and "white" people didn't invent slavery....it was and is a part of many cultures with the "slaves" being more than just black people.....but we stopped it...we advanced to where we realized many practices and cultural practices were in-humane and we stopped it. Yet to hear it from this preacher.....it's like it's happening everyday...today.....any and all problems are the "white" guys fault. Just gets my goat. Guess his statement of something where you don't talk about my mama like that and expect me to stay quiet....got me. I'm tired of all the white bashing and racism against whites and quiety sitting by and taking it because I'm white and should out of guilt for being white, to make-up for something I never did, as if I deserve it.....just because I am white. I'm just seeing more and more because things are at a fever pitch around here and it's far from subtle and increasingly more violent and brutal.....and it's not based on any action any individual does that deserved it....it's just what color you are or who's turf you landed on and whether you are vunerable or not.

My husband had an incidence at the store the other day. He had a handful of purchases and they had the bag on that whirly thing at the end....he was punching his numbers in on the pad and a black woman came up behind him and pushed her cart at an angle in front of him...blocking his ability to get his bag and stood behind and to the side of him so he couldn't move that way either. The cashier was trying to finish the transaction and this woman started yelling and demanding answers from her. Now the cashier was Latino and very polite to this woman and said she would be happy to help her if she'd just let her finish with this gentleman....she did but my husband couldn't move. The cashier polietly asked the woman if she could please move her cart so he could get his bag and leave and she started screaming about how she didn't have to move anything for this d white honkey....put on such a sceene the cashier had to call security! Now when you can't even ask polietly for simple manners, yet too afraid to touch the cart and move it yourself because someone will get offended, and the result is needing to call security....it's too crazy to me. This woman wasn't ignored, treated badly, rudely, nothing.......but she sure had the attitude that I am here and you will do what I demand and no qualms what-so-ever in being rude, racially abusive, to both of them, to the point of needing security. This one action doesn't make me hate black people because this was the action of just one person.....I just want the same consideration in return and not be targeted because of something some white people did ions ago. Sometimes there's just rude demanding people and they come in all colors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12