Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Jindal PAC Formed for Presidential Run

Jindal PAC Formed for Presidential Run

Monday, June 15, 2009 11:16 PM

Supporters of Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal are forming a federal political action committee to support a presidential run by the 38-year-old Republican.

The governor is aware of the operations of Jindal For President Draft Council Inc., but is not directly involved, according to the New Orlean Times-Picayune Web site. The organizers include Rama Mohanty, a Southern University professor, and Dan Kyle, a former legislative auditor and failed GOP candidate in several bids for office.

"They are supportive of what we are doing," Mohanty said of the Jindal team.

"The governor has said that he has the job he wants, and he hopes to be re-elected (in 2011) to continue to move Louisiana forward," Jindal spokesman Kyle Plotkin told the paper.

He added, "It's flattering, but the governor does not support this effort. This is a distraction from the critical issues that we face, and the governor will not be involved in any capacity."

The nation's youngest governor, Jindal has traveled extensively since taking office in January 2008, speaking or raising money in more than a dozen states and the District of Columbia. His itinerary has included Iowa, which hosts the first presidential caucus.

Jindal's star power has supposedly waned since the bad reviews of his official Republican response to President Barack Obama's first congressional address in February, the paper said. But that hasn’t deterred his supporters.

Kyle said he still believes Jindal will seek the presidency.

"We're not necessarily saying 2012, but we want to be ready," Kyle said. "But in 2016 we'll be ready ready. I know people feel he has a lot of unfinished business in Louisiana before he moves on. We would love to keep him here as long as possible, but if it turns out it's better for him to run in 2012, we'll support that."

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/bobb ... ode=819E-1
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am praying a third party is strong enough to give the D's and R's pure heck in 2012.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    While Jindal certainly wouldn't be my first choice, I would definitely support him over Obama any day of the week.

Vmonkey wrote:

I am praying a third party is strong enough to give the D's and R's pure heck in 2012.
    I have nothing against the 'right' third party candidate. However, at this point in our history, a third party candidate would more than likely take votes away from Republicans, not Democrats.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn