Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Job shortage turning some US towns into Ghost towns

Friday, August 7, 2009

Job shortage turning some US towns into Ghost towns

US town residents struggling to find work and food

While US jobless figures have shrunk for the first time in 15 months, many unemployed Americans are not optimistic that they will find work.

Danville, a town in the state of Virginia, has been hit particularly hard by the global recession. Many people there lost their jobs when the textile and tobacco industries collapsed.

As Cath Turner found out, many people there are finding it difficult to find a job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aJ-QNI5 ... r_embedded

http://geraldcelentechannel.blogspot.com/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

wow! that is awful close to home here..........nice little town too.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Whew! Danville VA was one of the places I considered relocating to when FL was starting to really, really irritate me. It was far enough from the lunacy of DC and Northern Virginia. But my first visit to NC sold me. Just try chit-chatting with people in line--doesn't work in FL or in DC. Here everybody talks to everybody, they smile and say hello when they pass you on the street, even though you have never seen them in your life and will probably never see them again.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)