Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Juan Williams: FOX OFFERS NEW $2 MILLION CONTRACT

In wake of NPR controversy, Fox News gives Juan Williams an expanded role

The cable news network signs the analyst to a new three-year contract for nearly $2 million. Meanwhile, conservative figures blast the public radio network for its response to Williams' comments about Muslims.

Juan Williams appears on the "Fox & Friends" television program on Thursday. (Richard Drew / Associated Press)

By Matea Gold
    Tribune Washington Bureau
    October 21, 2010|12:35 p.m.
    Comments 125

Reporting from Washington — As NPR weathered a storm of criticism Thursday for its decision to fire news analyst Juan Williams for his comments about Muslims, Fox News moved aggressively to turn the controversy to its advantage by signing Williams to an expanded role at the cable news network.

Fox News Chief Executive Roger Ailes handed Williams a new three-year contract Thursday morning, in a deal that amounts to nearly $2 million, a considerable bump up from his previous salary, the Tribune Washington Bureau has learned. The Fox News contributor will now appear exclusively and more frequently on the cable news network and have a regular column on FoxNews.com.

"Juan has been a staunch defender of liberal viewpoints since his tenure began at Fox News in 1997," Ailes said in a statement, adding a jab at NPR: “He’s an honest man whose freedom of speech is protected by Fox News on a daily basis.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Good for him

Anyone that fights against PC is ok by me

Even though I don't always agree with Juan (hes an open borders liberal)

At least he got this one right

That is great news for sure. Tired of the PC going on in this country and then it is slanted
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Good for Juan! I don't agree with Juan on very much but I actually like the guy. I do not mind if someone has different beliefs that I do, so long as they are not in your face and militant about it like the former idiot and la raza extraordinaire over at CNN, Ricky Sanchez. Juan has always been respectful and professional in expressing his opinions and beliefs and doesn’t start throwing the race card around if someone disagrees with him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Good for Juan! I don't agree with Juan on very much but I actually like the guy. I do not mind if someone has different beliefs that I do, so long as they are not in your face and militant about it like the former idiot and la raza extraordinaire over at CNN, Ricky Sanchez. Juan has always been respectful and professional in expressing his opinions and beliefs and doesn’t start throwing the race card around if someone disagrees with him.

I told you will get a new job good Luck to you